Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I have a 9 (almost 10) month old Sprint Treo that is insured through Assurion (I think it was originally through lock/line but Sprint automatically switched me over).

I also have a remarkably beat-up Treo. The screen and back are pristine, but the front of the housing looks terrible. This comes from two incidents:
    1. I was pushing it face-down out of a used Vaja case I had just bought so I could put egrips on it to keep it from falling out of the Vaja case. It skids face first across my sidewalk. Oh, the irony.

2. I take off some plastic skins used to "protect" my Treo's face, only to have them take big swatches of paint with them. Oh, the irony.

I would like to swap out the housing with something from ProMobility, ebay, etc. but here is my concern:

I do it and my Treo (down the road) malfunctions. I send it to Palm who tells me that I have voided the warranty. Now I am stranded.

or

I wait until the Palm warranty is up, swap out the housing, something goes wrong down the road, and Assurion tells me I have voided the warranty.

What is the best option? If I void Palm's warranty (which I think I have only 3 months of left), will Assurion take care of me? If you have a Treo problem while still under Palm's warranty, will Assurion make you go through Palm first? Can you void an Assurion extended warranty?

Thanking you in advance for your help,

4s
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Mods,

I apologize. This should be in Treo General Chat. Please move it. Thanks.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis