Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just got a 2GB SD Card, but I have no idea how to really use it with my Treo 700p (Sprint). When I hotsync and have Palm Desktop open, I cannot seem to figure out how to install apps to the SD Card. It says "No Card Found", and I can only install to the RAM.

Also, do I need a separate card reader for my computer, or can I add stuff to the SD Card while its in the Treo connected to the computer? Like if I want to add some mp3's to play in pTunes, how do I do that?

Lastly, if I want to download something to my SD card from the internet on my Treo, is there anyway to do that? Whenever I download ringtones or any sort of file, I never see the option to download anywhere else other than the phone, and then the file just opens after it's done downloading.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    go to the card info app on the phone and format the sd card. you should then be able to install directly to the card using the palm desktop quick install app.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    I bought a 4gb transcend and just popped mine in, and it worked fine. havent had to even format it.

I use a media card reader to trransfer files though
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks, I formatted the card and now I can install to the card using the palm desktop.

Anyone know the answers to my other questions though? Mainly I want to know if I can transfer files (mp3's, videos, etc..) to the card while it's in my phone and hooked up to my computer with the hotsync cable? Or do I have to purchase a separate card reader to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jperlin View Post
    Thanks, I formatted the card and now I can install to the card using the palm desktop.

Anyone know the answers to my other questions though? Mainly I want to know if I can transfer files (mp3's, videos, etc..) to the card while it's in my phone and hooked up to my computer with the hotsync cable? Or do I have to purchase a separate card reader to do that?
    You can use the Treo itself as a reader using software like Card Reader. I can confirm this works perfectly on the 700p, there is another one Card Export which I haven't tried.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    is the card sd reader card info? i cant seem to access the files on my SD card. i've already formatted the card and there is a PALM folder. do i copy files to the PALM folder in order to read or files can be on the root directory??