Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Ok, I'm all for a lower cost phone and skimping on some things. But no bluetooth? wtf?

Please, please, please Palm don't be so stupid. That HAS to be an incorrect report.

If true, I'm going to have to find another phone OS. I'm very attached to the programs I've got on my 650, but I'm sick of having to do resets and was sooo looking forward for more memory. But niether an "expert" user like myself or simple convergent users will buy a phone without bluetooth today.
    If it has no bluetooth and a VGA camera it will absolutely be slaughtered in the market. At this price point it's up against feature phones and most of them now have bluetooth and a better camera.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    This doesnt make sense IMO. Whats the point of a Treo like this? IMO you buy the Treo because you want all the features otherwise the freebee's from cingular suit your needs just fine.
    Depending on the price, it might make sense to people wanting the Treo form factor with the qwerty keyboard and PDA functions. I wouldn't want a neutered version, but some might not mind.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    This doesnt make sense IMO. Whats the point of a Treo like this? IMO you buy the Treo because you want all the features otherwise the freebee's from cingular suit your needs just fine.
    why doesn't this make sense to you. palm wants to see if it can suck more money out of people to push up its earnings with a phone that is a piece of **** compared to everything out there but the uninformed masses may buy it because they don't know the difference. my broken 650 looks like it will have more features than the 680
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    If you follow the chain of sources it eventually comes to the PDA247 story I wrote, where I made no mention of it not having bluetooth. I have no idea how that got tacked on.

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The Gizmodo version is full of inaccuracies Palm traditionally have never had push email it's only the latest WM5 models where this has been introduced. Same with 3G, although all the current lineup have it. As for Wi-Fi, Palm have yet to release a Treo which has that. If it did have all those features it would be better than all the other Treo's and therefore would be unlikely to have a budget price tag.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    If you follow the chain of sources it eventually comes to the PDA247 story I wrote
    So it went from your story, to Jimmy's site, to uberphones, to Gizmodo and round to here. No doubt other sites will pick it up from this post and start the cycle off again
    My 650 does not have BT, as far as I am concerned. No BT or usless, poorly functioning BT for the sake of marketing - not much difference, IMHO.
    I agree that the camera (t650) is pretty useless and I won't miss it (matter of fact better without it) but no BT and no 3G??? come on.

My beloved Tomtom is not going to like this at all...

I don't think T650 users will have any (good or bad) reason to switch over, where's zoti and his shorter antenna
    If you follow the chain of sources it eventually comes to the PDA247 story I wrote, where I made no mention of it not having bluetooth. I have no idea how that got tacked on.

Surur
    I am pretty sure that the coming treo 680 will have bluebooth.
    Man, I hope so. How much would the chip cost them? A buck? Two?
    As far as I can tell the only difference between the 650 and 680, is the antenna. I think that's the point, just to get more life out of a end of life product for people what want a cheap pda.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    As far as I can tell the only difference between the 650 and 680, is the antenna. I think that's the point, just to get more life out of a end of life product for people what want a cheap pda.

hey man, i thought i recognized the name. hofo seems to be down today. did you have the same problem?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post

Well, its also slightly smaller and lighter, has a soft touch finish and a radically smaller battery 1200 vs 1800 mAh.

Surur
    Well, its also slightly smaller and lighter, has a soft touch finish and a radically smaller battery 1200 vs 1800 mAh.

Surur
    the screen size is the same as the treo 650 though right?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    As far as we know, yes.

Surur
    it will have Bluetooth... check out the leaked images from PalmGear...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast