Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cnet is claiming that 680 maybe free, and will come with no push email, and no bluetooth. http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7...?tag=cnetfd.mt hmmmm and that the 750v will be price at $300
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Cnet is claiming that 680 maybe free, and will come with no push email, and no bluetooth. http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7...?tag=cnetfd.mt
    Sorry. "Free" is too much for a device with no BT. Such a device is certainly not an "upgrade." [I would not go to it if they bought my 650 back at the $700- that I had to pay them for it.]

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    hmmmm and that the 750v will be price at $300
    Actually, it says that the 750v(?) will be free, whatever that means. I know that your intent is to make sense of the article but you run the risk of making it sound more authoritative than it is.

The article seems to be based on Colligan and other similarly reliable sources.

In any case the 650 looks more and more competitiive.
    Last edited by whmurray; 09/25/2006 at 08:40 PM.
    Has there really been a confirmation there's no BT?? Yikes, if so!! But I have read it will have it, in some other places. They really can't be that silly not to include something you can get even on fashion phones!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/25/2006 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Misspelling.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Has there really been a confirmation there's no BT?? Yikes, if so!! But I have read it will have it in some other palces. They really can't be that silly not to include something you can get even on fashion phones!
    No confirmation; just the cNet article. The only citation was to Colligan talking to the investors. We know what that is worth. Someone should tell him that misleading investors is a crime.
    I'm confused. None of you have seen this photo from Gizmodo yet? It clearly shows the bluetooth icon.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing View Post
    I'm confused. None of you have seen this photo from Gizmodo yet? It clearly shows the bluetooth icon.
    Have seen it. Have seen Palm leak art in the past. Do not trust Palm leaks. Do not even trust Palm's announcements until it ships.
    I was wondering how legit those photos are too. Looks like they pasted a 650 screen on a 750v body and added "Cingular". What will the final product be like?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/25/2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: I missed something.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Someone mentioned in a previous post that Palm generally photoshops a generic picture on their hardware in advertisements. If that's the case, it could explain the bluetooth icon.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Someone mentioned in a previous post that Palm generally photoshops a generic picture on their hardware in advertisements. If that's the case, it could explain the bluetooth icon.
    yep
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    No confirmation; just the cNet article. The only citation was to Colligan talking to the investors. We know what that is worth. Someone should tell him that misleading investors is a crime.
    The article sourced the no bluetooth rumor to "some sites," which is a clear reference to the Gizmodo trail. And we saw someone just make up that fact along that trail. We have zero basis for believing there's no bluetooth, while we have a Palm image showing there is.

Now we have people assuming that Palm must have made an error because the image contradicts a rumor without a source.
    Yet that same someone never gave an example of Palm ever having used an incorrect screen image - showing an app or icon that shouldn't be there.

Product artwork is highly scrutinized by dozens of people. That's the same artwork that will end up in brochures, print ads, boxes, etc. The screen lists the apps included with the product, and not every Treo has the same apps, so it has to be accurate.

The image of the 680 has a Cingular icon for XpressMail, as well as Docs to Go and MyTreo. That's no generic PalmOS picture.
    Some people just don't think Palm is telling us the whole story. That's why they question the photos.

Sorry. "Free" is too much for a device with no BT. Such a device is certainly not an "upgrade." [I would not go to it if they bought my 650 back at the $700- that I had to pay them for it.]

Actually, it says that the 750v(?) will be free, whatever that means. I know that your intent is to make sense of the article but you run the risk of making it sound more authoritative than it is.

The article seems to be based on Colligan and other similarly reliable sources.

In any case the 650 looks more and more competitiive.
    I got the price from 9/22 podcast of buzz out loud.

But won't this be false advertising in this case as it was posted on Palms site(that is assuming the rumor is true)?
    I just noticed that I have been on TC for more than three years. If I have learned one thing in that three years it is that one does not judge a Palm product from leaked photos. One does not judge it by reports in the press. One does not judge it by marketing hype. One does not judge it from announced specs. One does not even judge when one takes it out of the box. One judges it only after a week or two of use. Remember the 650 memory problem.
    Whao! One could be fooled into thinking Bill Gates was behind some of the avatars here.

Palm has hired Linux engineers. And are supposedly working on a linux based update to PalmOS.

PalmSource/Access have showed a prototype of their next generation PalmOS.

Both these efforts can give us a next generation OS capable of running existing PalmOS apps and also giving us new features. Just like what happened when MS trashed Win95 and gave us 2000 and XP.

Palm is still working with PalmSource so they can theoretically give us phones with their own and/or PalmSource's nextgen Access OS.

Other vendors may also create good phones running Access OS.

I'm sure all these possibilities will eventually give me a phone with the features I'd like. (Big screen and keyboard, 3G picture phone, running my PalmOS apps).
    i am paying 144 for my 700p with 1 year contract from verizon so it cant get any cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
    i am paying 144 for my 700p with 1 year contract from verizon so it cant get any cheaper
    Depending upon the terms of the contract, that could still be very expensive. Have carriers convinced you that they really lower your "total cost of ownership?"
    i pay 50 a month for americas 450/ unlimited text and insurance after my 19% discount

i dont have a need for overpriced internet ihave a laptop for that
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Some people just don't think Palm is telling us the whole story. That's why they question the photos.
    What does this even mean???
    The only citation was to Colligan talking to the investors. We know what that is worth. Someone should tell him that misleading investors is a crime.
    You're right. If Colligan deliberately lied to investors, he should be prosecuted.

If you have evidence of that, please report it to the SEC. I'm serious.
    http://sec.gov/complaint.shtml
    And please share your evidence here, along with the results of any investigation. If you don't have evidence, please stop the whining.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast