1.    #1  
    I have Java installed on my 700p. Installed the VMmidP20 file. I am using it for a couple of Java apps, and also for Opera Mini (seems to be working fine).

My question is as a part of the palm down load they include jsr 172 and jsr 75 folders. What are these additional files for, and if I am not a developer, are they required. What are the Pim Prefs.prc and file connect.prc for in the jsr 75 folder. Also what are the webservices.prc, and the ws-security.prc for in the jsr 172.

Does any one know if they add any additional functionality to the Java as an example when using the opera mini?

I have the memory, and if they add more web services functionality I will install them.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Current versions of Opera do not take advantage of the fileconnect and PIM libraries, though I hope they change that in the future.

Kmaps makes use of both of the ones I mentioned above, and tv2nite uses the PIM libraries, so, you basically install them based on whether your apps will need them or not.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    why do my java files get erased When I do a hard reset followed by a hot-sync? Also could someone please post the prc file to this thread so that I could download directly to my phone?
    The reason why is your backup program does not either back up Java files or does not restore them. May I suggest a device based backup program such as Resco Backup - it does copy and properly restore Java files.

The files needed for Java are:
    fileconnect.prc
    J9JavaVMMidp20.prc
    JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc or the equiv language file
    pimop.prc
    PIMPrefs.prc
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses. I had the mem available so I installed the addtional files.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    The other files you are interested in are application specific and created by the application running in the Java environment. Ben