Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Becuase every new Treo is replacement of 650, not just this treo.

I will agree with you that this is a 650+.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami View Post
    This would explain eliminating bluetooth.
    There's been no evidence to show that it will not include Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    There's been no evidence to show that it will not include Bluetooth.
    Infact, the image from palm's website shows the bluetooth icon. It will have bluetooth.

When, how much $, how much memory (or is it the 64MB user accessible like the other recent treos?) - these are questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
    Infact, the image from palm's website shows the bluetooth icon. It will have bluetooth ...clip...
    Maybe/Maybe Not

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    That is becasue they use the same POS print for every phone that supports Palm OS, so the screen shot holds no ground. That is not a real screen in those pictures as the same with WM5 when in the W or the WX...all the same photoshop job. You would think they would think of that if an option was lacking.
    Just call me Berd.
    I am guessing it's same price as a Q. I will be shocked if they can bring it down to the SLVR L7 level.
    Palm could save alot of money if they just kept the T650 casing and just add the extra memory (64MB) plus all the other Flash Rom upgrades to the software. If that were case, I would consider getting the T680. But I'm passing on this deal. Plus, I like the antenna of the T600/T650/T700 line...it makes it look more like a phone.
    no bluetooth would be a silly mistake. Bluetooth is really the premier wireless option for (syncing, headsets, data transfers, etc....) If they got rid of it, it would be a very big step backward.
  8.    #28  
    My information says that the 680 will be 64mb without infared, but with bt. The proposed price point is 249 sans contract. Expected release is end of year, but more likely 2007Q1.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Obviously the sooner the better, but I like the price for an unlocked phone. Looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Palm is not stupid, they know...
    Right, that's why they released how many incarnations of the 700 and totally ignored the GSM market for so long. That's probably also why they've sold off the OS, bought it back... Changed names how many times? No, they're not stupid... We are for waiting for the damn thing!

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Palm could save alot of money if they just kept the T650 casing and just add the extra memory (64MB) plus all the other Flash Rom upgrades to the software. If that were case, I would consider getting the T680. But I'm passing on this deal. Plus, I like the antenna of the T600/T650/T700 line...it makes it look more like a phone.
    But they would forgo a lot of revenue, since if they did that, they would not be able to sell this new phone in Europe. I would bet that having a single POS GSM product that they can sell worldwide is a big motivator for releasing this product, even if it leaves off things many of us would like to see (UMTS/HSDPA, a better camera, etc...)
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    all the specs for the 680 are released on gadgets on the go site.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    all the specs for the 680 are released on gadgets on the go site.
    If you believe them. For example gotg has the 680 having a "Standard SD card slot", but the previous rumours have suggested miniSD. But then again, it's silly season, so who knows, perhaps Palm have listened to the criticism and decided to go standard after all!
    One reason that Palm would NOT release a smartphone without BT is that they just had a nice PRPRPR $run$ $about$ $supporting$ $some$ $Cali$ $legislation$ $advocating$ $hands$-$free$ $use$ $with$ $mobile$ $phones$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $they$ $would$ $stick$ $themselves$ $with$ $that$...

I would hope not because I would personally call them out quite loudly on that.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    You can still do handsfree with a wired headset.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    But (arguably bizarrely) only wireless handsfree is legal if driving in the UK. The law effectively says you can only use a mobile in the car if you are not physically touching it. Widely ignored of course.
    The upgrade is so incremental over the 650, camera still a measly 0.3 MP and one has to get a new memory card to boot! This does not make the upgrade from the 650 a tempting offer at all. Give me something with the specs of the 700p but GSM: GPRS/Edge will do, no need 3G if they can't get it going, but I do want the 64 MB Ram and 1.3 MP camera. Now this, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat!!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    True but sometimes I forget to bring along my BT headset so even the speakerphone will do!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    But (arguably bizarrely) only wireless handsfree is legal if driving in the UK. The law effectively says you can only use a mobile in the car if you are not physically touching it. Widely ignored of course.
    Wired is fine and legal. People just assume bluetooth is needed.

Surur
    One thing about wired. People keep complaining the 650's headset jack keeps going out. I didn't use it so I don't know. But they need to be sure there's a fix before making a non BT phone. Also, don't you have to get an adapter for the Treo jack? However, it's just dumb not to have BT, because so many other competing phones do.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast