Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since it's Friday, and we have nothing to do but eat donuts and dream about the weekend, I thought I would throw this out for your perusal and feedback:

1. Would any users be interested in a much more powerful battery for the Treo series?

2. Would you be willing to pay the price of changing the form factor by a few mm to accomodate said battery? Most holders and other accessories would still be compatible, with the exception of our car cradles.

The reason we're looking at this, is because of the additional power drains the 700 series have imposed. I think it would be nice to go a few days without having to recharge, but I'm not the collective you. Feedback - positive or negative - would be most appreciated.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I absolutely wouldnt mind the form factor change if i can go at least a day without recharging, i use my treo pretty much throught the day and i find myself charging all day while im at work just to have enough juice till i get home at 10 or 11pm. These Treos are like those old gas guzzler V8's by the way send some donuts this way.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    I absolutely wouldnt mind the form factor change if i can go at least a day without recharging, i use my treo pretty much throught the day and i find myself charging all day while im at work just to have enough juice till i get home at 10 or 11pm. These Treos are like those old gas guzzler V8's by the way send some donuts this way.
    Thanks for the feedback. We do produce a 2400 battery which you can purchase here at this link:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../8-37--580.htm

The size battery I'm alluding to will be considerably more powerful than the one above. The 2400 will most definitely allow you to go a full day without having to depend on constant recharging.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    are you be alluding to a 2600 - 2800 mah battery?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Depends on if the battery make the Treo look like a frankenstein.

(I have two backup batteries so it's not a big deal to me.)
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Please make the new battery cover have some real texture to it, so the Treo is not so slippery.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    are you be alluding to a 2600 - 2800 mah battery?

Most probably more than either of the above.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Please make the new battery cover have some real texture to it, so the Treo is not so slippery.
    Funny you should mention that - we're looking into a solution that addresses that problem now.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I guess existing cases would not work too well. I am interested in seeing what the new battery would look like and how it would perform. It it were a little thicker, came with a new battery cover and was 50% long lige than my exisiting battery than I would get one.

Is this proposed battery for 650s and 700s?

btw - now would be a good time to bring out a new battery design because a lot of people are going to wear out their existing battery soon. I have been using the Mugen battery for 18 months and it needs to be replaced.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Also, fix that problem with your current batteries where they don't keep the JTAG port in the held off state. Some people have mentioned this about Seidio batteries. I don't know what this means, but it doesn't sound good.
    I saw this when I measured the battery. Here is the thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=122296
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    3200 mah battery? That would be an amazing power source, David. Is that be what the target product would provide?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    David,

Please do provide details if you can. 3200 MAh for a few mm thickness would be worth it. (Of course, the MAh:mm increase ratio is key).

And may I recommend you start thinking about extended batteries for the 750 series? It would appear that future Treos will follow that form factor.

Keep up the great work.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    More power, more power, more power!!

(got the 2200 the day u put it out, the 2400 when it came out)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    3200 mah battery? That would be an amazing power source, David. Is that be what the target product would provide?
    Sorry folks, but I can't release any details except to say that we are testing the market to see what the response would be to an extended battery that does change the form factor. Our primary target will be the 7xx series, but will most probably be backwardly compatible to the 650.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Build it and they will come...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    BSE gives it a good grip.
    at&t iPhone3G
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Build it and they will come...

Yeah, that's what we were thinking :>

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    BSE gives it a good grip.
    To stay within developmental budgets, we've been looking at including a small tube of superglue with each cover. Talk about your semi-permanent solutions...

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    More power would also mean more heavey, especially at 3200mah. I don't utilize BT and use my treo heavily as a phone. I am with the more power, but am not crazy about a few MM's of realestate and the possible added weight. I use my treo moderately at work and when I am home and I get two days out of it.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast