Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    David,

    Please do provide details if you can. 3200 MAh for a few mm thickness would be worth it. (Of course, the MAh:mm increase ratio is key).

    And may I recommend you start thinking about extended batteries for the 750 series? It would appear that future Treos will follow that form factor.

    Keep up the great work.
    We are feverishly working on gettting our hands on a 750 and will be totally ready with batteries - and other goodies - before it is released in the US. I agree with you; if the power is of a significant upgrade, then the inconvenience of having to change other accessories (certainly not all) would be quite justified. Imagine not having to recharge at all for say...3 days or more - with email, weather and other GPRS/WiFi activity going on. It's enough to give you a nosebleed! Thank you for the nice words.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Also, fix that problem with your current batteries where they don't keep the JTAG port in the held off state. Some people have mentioned this about Seidio batteries. I don't know what this means, but it doesn't sound good.
    Hmmmm...:

    "JTAG, an acronym for Joint Test Action Group, is the usual name used for the IEEE 1149.1 standard entitled Standard Test Access Port and Boundary-Scan Architecture for test access ports used for testing printed circuit boards using boundary scan.

    JTAG was standardized in 1990 as the IEEE Std. 1149.1-1990. In 1994, a supplement that contains a description of the boundary scan description language (BSDL) was added. Since then, this standard has been adopted by electronics companies all over the world. Boundary-scan is nowadays mostly synonymous with JTAG.

    While designed for printed circuit boards, it is nowadays primarily used for testing sub-blocks of integrated circuits, and is also useful as a mechanism for debugging embedded systems, providing a convenient "back door" into the system. When used as a debugging tool, an in-circuit emulator which in turn uses JTAG as the transport mechanism enables a programmer to access an on-chip debug module which is integrated into the CPU via JTAG. The debug module enables the programmer to debug the software of an embedded system."

    The person mentioning this was Shadowmite. His summation:

    "Yes, the seidio battery doesn't keep the JTAG port in the held off state. It doesn't really matter, it's just a matter of proper engineering and seidio's batteries design didn't have access to the proper spec."

    What that has to do with a battery, I couldn't tell you, but somehow, I think it may be pretty much irrelavent to Treo users.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  3. #23  
    I would be interested in this, but I'm pretty disappointed with Seidio's customer service, so I really don't know if I want to purchase any more of Seidio's products. 6 days and still no reply for an RMA despite numerous emails seems lacking to me (plus a short return period). But that's neither here nor there for this thread. I think quite a few people would be interested in this.
  4. #24  
    As long as this extended battery doesn't just have some bump or hump come out of nowhere it should be ok. Make the battery kinda curvy instead of having a large hump just come out of nowhere.
  5. #25  
    I have to agree with the customer service. I contacted Seidio about the 1st series Innocharger and got a response from Kevin. Was told he was gonna have someone contact me. A month later no contact. Contacted them again and was told they'll see what they can do and will get back to me. It's been about 7 months and I've pretty much assumed I cant be helped. Notice would be nice. For this reason I haven't bought any Seidio products even if a product caught my interest.

    But to put in my vote. This extended battery would be a great idea.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    As long as this extended battery doesn't just have some bump or hump come out of nowhere it should be ok. Make the battery kinda curvy instead of having a large hump just come out of nowhere.
    What?? You don't like your batteries to have a little junk in the trunk?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I would be interested in this, but I'm pretty disappointed with Seidio's customer service, so I really don't know if I want to purchase any more of Seidio's products. 6 days and still no reply for an RMA despite numerous emails seems lacking to me (plus a short return period). But that's neither here nor there for this thread. I think quite a few people would be interested in this.
    As I've mentioned several times throughout this forum, if you are experiencing problems with our service, I'm here to help. Please email me order details at the address below and I'll look into it ASAP.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I have to agree with the customer service. I contacted Seidio about the 1st series Innocharger and got a response from Kevin. Was told he was gonna have someone contact me. A month later no contact. Contacted them again and was told they'll see what they can do and will get back to me. It's been about 7 months and I've pretty much assumed I cant be helped. Notice would be nice. For this reason I haven't bought any Seidio products even if a product caught my interest.

    But to put in my vote. This extended battery would be a great idea.
    Please see my post above. We don't claim to be perfect, but certainly want to provide the best service possible. I can help you with your problem. If you would be kind enough to email the chain of mail dealing with your problem, I'll get things fixed. "They call me the fireman..."

    David
    davidisilver@seidio.com
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    As long as this extended battery doesn't just have some bump or hump come out of nowhere it should be ok. Make the battery kinda curvy instead of having a large hump just come out of nowhere.
    Well, we could try and use the standard cover with a roll of duct tape, but that probably wouldn't satisfy the purists in the audience :>

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Please see my post above. We don't claim to be perfect, but certainly want to provide the best service possible. I can help you with your problem. If you would be kind enough to email the chain of mail dealing with your problem, I'll get things fixed. "They call me the fireman..."

    David
    davidisilver@seidio.com
    Hi David,

    Thanks for the concern. I've forwarded you the email.
  11. meballard's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #31  
    I would be very interested in this two, if it provides around double the standard battery (I've developed pretty close to two battery a day habit with my Treo, as I'm using it constantly for e-mail).

    I would need to see how much of a bump and what it looked like, but it would be very tempting.
  12. kbd517's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #32  
    I just bought a 650 on ebay tonight- haven't gotten it (obviously), and I don't know how long a regular battery lasts. My 600 battery was a workhorse, despite being the original battery, and getting HEAVY use. That being said, I expect I'll use the 650 even more than the 600, and if the price were right, and it would still fit in a Speck Toughskin, I'd consider it.
  13. #33  
    2 months ago David from Seidio floated this idea. Since then it's been very quiet. Any update or was this just a tease?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14. #34  
    Given the fact that of the few Moto Qs I've seen in the field, most were outfitted with extended batteries which doubled their size. I don't think it will be a big deal if the mod isn't outrageous.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions