1.    #1  
    I just installed a G4100M Car Kit into my 2004 maxima along with the FM Modulator. I am able to play music though my car speakers, charge my phone, or make hands free phone calls. The only problem is that everyone I speak with hears themself ECHO when they talk. It seems that the louder I turn things up, the loader the echo. It is like that speak, and my microphone picks up their voice, and they hear themselves talking. I called seidio and they said to turn down the volumes, but if I turn them down too much I cant hear the caller. I have place the microphone on my left side visor where seidio reccomends it, but it is not any better. Also, I put all the sound to the rear speakers, but this only helps a little. Is there any way to get rid of the echo all together. Does anyone else have this same setup working correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by jk358 View Post
    I just installed a G4100M Car Kit into my 2004 maxima along with the FM Modulator. I am able to play music though my car speakers, charge my phone, or make hands free phone calls. The only problem is that everyone I speak with hears themself ECHO when they talk. It seems that the louder I turn things up, the loader the echo. It is like that speak, and my microphone picks up their voice, and they hear themselves talking. I called seidio and they said to turn down the volumes, but if I turn them down too much I cant hear the caller. I have place the microphone on my left side visor where seidio reccomends it, but it is not any better. Also, I put all the sound to the rear speakers, but this only helps a little. Is there any way to get rid of the echo all together. Does anyone else have this same setup working correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan,

If you will email me a contact phone number, I will have our tech support department troubleshoot these problems with you. Let me know the best time to have them call you as well.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my Seidio G480M. I have to turn down the volume and balance/Fade to the rear right speaker. It doesn't reduce it complletely but it helps. I wonder if there is another aftermarket mike that will reduce the echo?
    I have the same problem with my 4850T using a small powered speaker located low, almost under, the dash. I had a 4850M (with my 650) using exactly the same speaker and mic (in the same locations) and didn't have a problem.

When I upgraded to the 700p, I bought the 4850T and have had many complaints since. It has been about two weeks. I have tried playing with the volume and it has helped some, but I'm surprised that there was such a big change between the two cradles.

I'm open to suggestions!

Scott