1.    #1  
    At the end of July I installed Backup Man 2.1 and after using it for a few days I decided to go ahead and purchase it as I was leaving for New York (my mistake). After arriving in New York my scheduled backups quit running and would not occur until I unplugged my phone from the charger. At first I thought it was the time change and reset all of the options and entered them in again and everything worked fine. A few days later and my scheduled backups quit running and would not run until my phone was unplugged from the charger.

When I arrived back home I emailed bitsnbolts and was told to make sure that I was not using the Keyguard with the option show abort dialog selected. I confirmed with them that I was not and they sent me another email telling me that it was probably an application that was running in the background and I should look into that and maybe consider uninstalling Backup Man and then re-install it. I sent them an email telling them the only apps I had on the phone at that time were Uninstall Manager, Cleanup(never used), PowerRUN, DA(sd card), Flight Status(sd card), and FileZ(sd card) and that none of these apps should be causing any conflicts, but I would try and uninstall and then reinstall. I asked for more info on their recommendations for removing the program and files and never heard back.

I removed all apps and tried troubleshooting myself and the most I could get out of Backup Man was 4-5 days of scheduled backups and then it would quit. I sent bitsnbolts another email and this is what I received in return:

"We don't have any further to offer on the issue. I've given you every
    piece of advice I can think of.

The Treo 650 has been out for 2 years, we have thousands of customers
    using it and we don't hear any similar reports. It has to be something
    specific to your device."

I replied to their email asking them to please help me find a solution or to please refund my money. I also mentioned if it is device related and I am unable to use Backup Man as it is advertised why not just refund my money and work with me rather than against me. After three days of no response I sent them another email asking for their position on the issue and this was their reply:

"We're not ignoring you, but unfortunately we do have other customers
    and you need a more detailed response that takes longer.

Basically as I said previously we've done what we can. The Treo 650 is
    one of the most popular devices out there and this problem isn't being
    seen by thousands of our customers.

It's happing on your device, it's something rare and specific to your
    device. You have to figure out what it is, because we do not have your
    device here and our 2 Treo 650s work exactly like the the rest of our
    customers devices, properly.

There is no further solution, there is no further remedy, the fix has
    to come from your end unless you're willing to send us your device so we can troubleshoot it here."

My Treo is my business phone and I obviously cannot go without it. Backup Man has not worked for me consistently and I reported this problem to bitsnbolts within the first or second week of purchasing it. I should have read their refund policy more closely and I should have tried more than one backup program before deciding on purchasing Backup Man just because it seemed so user friendly at first glance. I am now out the money and the time.

While I am not pleased with the customer service of bitsnbolts and I personally would never recommend them, I do understand that many are satisfied with their apps and I am truly envious of you. I am only posting this to vent and to inform those new to the world of Treos to learn from my mistake and do your homework before purchasing an application regardless of what others say, because you may not share in their experience. A lesson learned.
    A question - are you running a third party launcher? Not too long ago I accidentally deleted the backup application I am now using from the device's main memory (Resco Backup) and went for three days before finding out that I had no current backups. Without the backup application in main memory, automagical backups cannot be executed.

To be frank, I never had any problems with BackupMan running. The backups were done and the restores were okay. The problem began when I discovered that BackupMan did not restore Java files. That was not a problem before because I had Java loaded in the ZLauncher applction folders of those that used Java. It became a problem when I moved Java to main memory and after running a beta program, I was forced to do a hard reset and restore from an earlier backup.

Anyway, alarms during the backup process can cause problems. In addition, the memory gets badly abused during the backup process; especially the db cache - and when the memory gets trashed, resets do happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A question - are you running a third party launcher? Not too long ago I accidentally deleted the backup application I am now using from the device's main memory (Resco Backup) and went for three days before finding out that I had no current backups. Without the backup application in main memory, automagical backups cannot be executed.

To be frank, I never had any problems with BackupMan running. The backups were done and the restores were okay. The problem began when I discovered that BackupMan did not restore Java files. That was not a problem before because I had Java loaded in the ZLauncher applction folders of those that used Java. It became a problem when I moved Java to main memory and after running a beta program, I was forced to do a hard reset and restore from an earlier backup.

Anyway, alarms during the backup process can cause problems. In addition, the memory gets badly abused during the backup process; especially the db cache - and when the memory gets trashed, resets do happen.

You can have it flush dbcache automatically after backup per Resco, or do it manually yourself to prevent future issues.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #4  
    No third party launcher other than PowerRUN and resets have not been an issue. Backup Man not doing a scheduled backup consistently is the problem.
    Resco Backup 1.40.7 just released - basically a "maintenance release." It's the backup of choice for me, and I've owned and used Backup Man and BackupBuddy!
  6.    #6  
    I have already deleted Backup Man V2.1 and I will be trying Resco Backup and NVbackup to replace it, but does anyone know if NVbackup will run automated backups with the keyguard on? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedsHelp View Post
    I have already deleted Backup Man V2.1 and I will be trying Resco Backup and NVbackup to replace it, but does anyone know if NVbackup will run automated backups with the keyguard on? Thanks!
    Yep... I turn keyguard on at night, turn the treo upside down (just in case) and get backed up at 3AM.

Of course, you could just try it your self too. ;-)