1.    #1  
    I don't know how many people want to throw the 700 across the room, but if this white screen of death, or "delay" doesn't get fixed soon i'm going to scream. Not only is it the web (and it isn't my cache) it is going from tons of programs back to the home page. This stupid thing has a longer delay than my 650 did. I really wish Palm would spend less time figuring out new units and what not and get this thing fixed FIRST. I hate telling someone... Let me get you that info on my Treo and waiting 3min for the white screen to go away. Then by then its too late, or a waste because the speed I am looking for is not there. I thought i'd surely have better performance with the 700p and increased productivity, but instead, nothing but problems. I sure hope we have our updates soon.

I have 4 days left for my 30 day return, but since my 650 is sold I really have no choice, and I am sure as soon as I throw a fit and dump it, the next day an update will come out, or maybe i'm wishing too much from Palm.

And Palm, if you are reading this, its more frustrating than you know.
    I've never experienced these white screens of death. Maybe a 3rd party app causing it?
    took my treo in to my local sprint store to see what they said about several issues i am having. most of my problems are random...and as expected...did not happen when i showed the phone to the sprint rep. i did show him the lag going from program to program.

he asked if i had everything backed up "just in case"...and i did.

well...not sure if they did anything else, but they did do a hard reset. now the lag is gone. i am not sure which app was causing the lag...i use chatter, dtbk 5 and a reader program for books, which is stored on my card.
    As far as Chatter goes, make sure you are running the most recent version. After updating, my whitescreen lag was reduced significantly.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I try to keep everything updated with latest version and I make sure I keep things clean via cache/dbcache and I rarely get the white screen syndrome.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Have you deleted everything with asc3 and asc4 creator ids(versamail) from your 700p and your palm folder on your computer(so it doesn't get put back on the 700p? This helped speed up my 700p noticably.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I try to keep everything updated with latest version and I make sure I keep things clean via cache/dbcache and I rarely get the white screen syndrome.
    Is this a program you use to clean all of that? I make sure to clean my chache from blazer and xiino everytime I close them, but its not only my blazer apps that are slowing things down. I can go from certain apps to home and it delays.
    The bottom line is that there is no quick and easy fix for the lag time - we are just waiting for the firmware update. There are little tweaks that you can do that may improve the lags and lockups - for everyone claiming a miracle discovery someone always seems to come along and say that it didn't do anything for them - but for the most part you just need to be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Is this a program you use to clean all of that? I make sure to clean my chache from blazer and xiino everytime I close them, but its not only my blazer apps that are slowing things down. I can go from certain apps to home and it delays.
    Clearing the cache from Blazer is one way, and I flush the dbcache from my scheduled backups.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Clearing the cache from Blazer is one way, and I flush the dbcache from my scheduled backups.
    which program do you use to back-up and how do you flush?
    Resco Backup has an option after backuping up automagically to clear the db cache and then reset the device. It works very well. Ben
    This is unacceptable. While Keefer's patience is admirable, I'm not as forgiving, seeing as I'm essentially a "beta-tester" working out the kinks for a unit that would have cost me $650, had I not twisted Sprint's retention-arm. I use my device (as do many) as an important business tool. When I need information, I need it immediately. Waiting ten-odd seconds for that damn white screen to disappear is incompatible with that, plain and simple. I want to launch my Treo into the pavement daily--it's a good thing these upper-story windows don't open, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    This is unacceptable. While Keefer's patience is admirable, I'm not as forgiving...
    Unless you have exchanged your phone for an entirely different model you are being - effectively - every bit as patient as I am. Unfortunately there is nothing your carrier (Sprint/Verizon) can do about this particular issue so ranting to CS isn't going to accomplish MUCH, unless you find venting to be theraputic. Palm releaded its firmware upgrade for the 650 "right about now" in terms of timeframe. I will be decidedly LESS patient and MORE angry if we are STILL waiting for a firmware upgrade at Thanksgiving.

Meanwhile the positive reviews on the device continue to roll in via the press, which hardly puts PRESSURE on Palm to get its firmware upgrade out NOW.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    This is unacceptable. While Keefer's patience is admirable, I'm not as forgiving, seeing as I'm essentially a "beta-tester" working out the kinks for a unit that would have cost me $650, had I not twisted Sprint's retention-arm. I use my device (as do many) as an important business tool. When I need information, I need it immediately. Waiting ten-odd seconds for that damn white screen to disappear is incompatible with that, plain and simple. I want to launch my Treo into the pavement daily--it's a good thing these upper-story windows don't open, for sure.
    Ditto. I've waited 30-40 seconds before for that screen to go away depending on the problem. Sometimes, it won't go away at all, so I reset the device. But when it comes to using it as an important business tool I hear ya. Hold on while I wait 5min to look up something for you. I have to wait that long for it to load. Go get yourself a coffee and come back.

I don't like being a "beta tester" either.

But all we can do it wait. And I don't think anyone is going to have a device anytime soon that compares to the Treo and all it has to offer, so we're stuck. I really can't see myself switching to any other type of PDA/Phone

If the WM was TONS better I would, but I don't see tons of people switching daily. Lots say it has just as many problems.