Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BE ADVISED regarding my experience with USB Modem and its developer Mobile-Stream:

Having exhausted all other avenues and after spending countless hours trying to get USB Modem to work on my 700p, I just processed a charge-back with American Express against PalmGear for my Mobile-Stream purchase. Much to my amazement, the American Express customer service agent (without any provocation on my part) immediately recognized Mobile-Stream's name, commenting that they are well known and I most certainly was not the first to call regarding problems with them.

So, caveat emptor. If you don't believe me, simply call American Express customer service (assuming you have one of their credit cards) and inquire.

Frankly, I really hope Mobile-Stream cleans up its act in this regard (see my above posts regarding apparent misrepresentations of compatibility with Mac OS below 10.4.5 -- 10.3.9 in the case of Dr.Grace's experience -- and the related thread at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=usb+modem).
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I've had pretty good experiences with PDANet. I did have to upgrade when I got the 700p for $19.95 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMountain View Post
    BE ADVISED regarding my experience with USB Modem and its developer Mobile-Stream:

Having exhausted all other avenues and after spending countless hours trying to get USB Modem to work on my 700p, I just processed a charge-back with American Express against PalmGear for my Mobile-Stream purchase. Much to my amazement, the American Express customer service agent (without any provocation on my part) immediately recognized Mobile-Stream's name, commenting that they are well known and I most certainly was not the first to call regarding problems with them.

So, caveat emptor. If you don't believe me, simply call American Express customer service (assuming you have one of their credit cards) and inquire.

Frankly, I really hope Mobile-Stream cleans up its act in this regard (see my above posts regarding apparent misrepresentations of compatibility with Mac OS below 10.4.5 -- 10.3.9 in the case of Dr.Grace's experience -- and the related thread at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=usb+modem).
    UPDATE:

Mobile-Stream, at my provocation, and perhaps motivated by these posts, today updated its Mac OS system requirements for USB Modem to read "Mac OS 10.4 is required and 10.1-10.3 may work too, but not officially supported."

Hopefully this will prevent others from falling in the same trap that I did. IMHO, Mobile-Stream has ultimately done the right thing here and deserves your trial of their software and your support. I do strongly recommend, however, that you invest time in assuring that the trial software works for your particular set-up, prior to purchase.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=ricktdotorg;1092089]I had USB modem working beautifully with my Powerbook and VZW 700p, tethering was ON on my VZW account. I had tethering turned off by VZW and I could no longer connect using USBmodem. I have neither the time nor the patience to troubleshoot (or argue) so I had tethering turned back on and I just suck up the $15/mth.

I am in this same boat. Do not need tethering all the time but did have it and now disconnected. Would sure consider USBModem if I could hook back up without the extra $15 a month. I am using a PC and not a mac. Has anyone had the tethering feature, turned it off and now using USB or PDANet successfully without bending over for Verizon?
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12