1.    #1  
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Too upset to even do a search. I dropped my Treo and the screen is cracked. It lights up but you can't read anything on it. When the phone rings, I can answer it but I can't initiate a call or do anything else with it.

Uninsured. Out of warranty. I feel violated!

What if anything can I do with this thing? Is it just a glorified paperweight?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    you could spend $155 to get it replaced:
    http://performancepda.zoovy.com/c=c9...0SCREENREPLACE

or just get the screen for $100 and replace urself is u think u can do it:
    http://performancepda.zoovy.com/product/TREO650SCREEN
    y can't you initiate a call?

have you tried to hit the green button to get it to go to phone app, then blindly dial the number on the keyboard and hit the green button again to initiate?
  4.    #4  
    Found a place here in town that replaces the screen for $129. Or I can get a refurb from Cingular for $199.

Not quite sure which way to go on this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You might want to check this out:

There is some profanity in it, so you might not want to watch it with your 4 year old, but it takes you step by step through screen replacement.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Found a place here in town that replaces the screen for $129. Or I can get a refurb from Cingular for $199.

Not quite sure which way to go on this.
    well are you sure its just your screen? That's why I asked if you are sure you can't initiate a call by dialing blindly using the keyboard. You don't want to replace the screen (either yourself or sent out) just to find out the keyboard is also broken. Cuz if your keyboard is broken too then the refurb might be the way to go.
  7.    #7  
    Hmm....good question. The keyboard doesn't appear to be broken and the hard keys do things (for example I am able to open Chatter....and exit it blindly)....but dialing calls didn't seem to work yesterday. I'll try again tonight.
    I would get the referb from Cingular and sell the busted one on Ebay for parts etc. Just my $0.02!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  9.    #9  
    What is the going rate for an otherwise pristine 650 with a cracked screen?
    Step 1: Figure out how many hours you're going to put in on the Treo.
    Step 2: Realize that you spend more time on the Treo than with your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband and that you shouldn't nickel and dime this.
    Step 3: [If rich, skip to step 4] Work the extra few hours at your local pizza shop for 6-8 an hour if need be.
    Step 4: Buy a brand new or brand refurbished Treo.
    Step 5: Plaque your old Treo on the wall to remind you to spend more time with the "one" in Step 2.
  11.    #11  
    The plot thickens....

I ordered the refurb from Cingular's web page for $199. It arrived this afternoon.

This morning, I got my cracked screen fixed thinking I'd either sell one or the other, or keep it as a backup...cost $129.

The refurb turns out to be brand spanking new....life timer is 0...or so it appears.

Now I have no idea what I'm doing!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Sell the one you just fixed. Get a good, protective case for the new one. Enjoy your new Treo.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  13.    #13  
    Okay....

Need some pricing advice.

I have my old 650 reflashed to unbrand with 1.20, and a brand new screen. It has a brand new screen. It doesn't have many cosmetic blemishes and is pretty well maintained. What is the going rate for these?

And what about a brand new in the box one that is flashed to 1.17?
    Actually, if your "old" Treo is in great shape, you will definitely get more value if you sell your "brand new" one!