1.    #1  
    I gave my wife my old t600 and she loves the thing (me too, the "upgrade" for her got me a 650 ;-)

Anyway, now when she calls, there is often a buzzing noise that makes it harder to hear her. (Not all bad....Oops...did I say that out loud?). Originally I thought that it occured on a lower battery charge but now that we both are tracking the problem, it is intermmitent.

Any ideas or possible solutions or is this the beggining of the death spiral?

Thanks

Skigs
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    You need to do the tinfoil rap, unscrew the back and the connector between the battery & unit needs to have a small piece of aluminum foil wrapped around it...do a search, I have even seen step by step instructions with pictures, I prefered the phone buzzing to my wifes buzzing, did i say that!
  3.    #3  
    Anybody know where I can find this solution?

I have done light surgery before to replace LCDs so I will try it again...but I don't want to do it without decent instructions or photos.

Thanks

Skigs
    Search this forum. I downloaded a PDF file that someone had posted to explain how to do this.
    The famous buzz fix "diagram on a napkin" by NoBackup in addition to the detailed photo version by XiaoBin...

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/BuzzFix
    I just want to say thanks for the fix, I recently acquired a 600 and it had a buzz, a few minutes and some aluminum foil and it sounded crystal clear.
    I have noticed a buzzing lately but I thought it was coming from my headset. Because when I jiggle the connectiong it sometimes goes away. I thought I needed a new headset or the jack in the phone was going bad. Is this the same problem everyone else is having? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingplatypus View Post
    I just want to say thanks for the fix, I recently acquired a 600 and it had a buzz, a few minutes and some aluminum foil and it sounded crystal clear.
    I'm just now in the process of trying this fix and I have a question. How do you pull this thing apart? Is there a trick? I got all the screws out but the unit seems glued at the bottom and I'm a little too scared to just yank it apart using a screw driver.

Also, can I do this with the treo on? If not, how do I turn it off?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Make sure your sim card & sd card are also removed, from the sides you need to pry it apart, just make sure you removed all 4 screws it will then snap apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Make sure your sim card & sd card are also removed, from the sides you need to pry it apart, just make sure you removed all 4 screws it will then snap apart.
    Thanks. I got it open by using a credit card and a lot of patience. . But now, I'm stuck again. I could not get the cable out. Both ends seem to be glued (to the battery and the board). And the battery itself seems immovable. If I just wrap small pieces of foil around the cable, will it work as well? I guess, I'm just trying to prevent opening it again and risk damaging it.