1.    #1  
    Is there a difference between the Sprint and the Verizon 700p? We had the 700p with Sprint for 2 months, but had to give it up because we had trouble with Sprint's service. We went back to Cingular, but are not happy with the 650. Now we're thinking about switching to Verizon's 700p instead.

Are the two phones the same, besides the service being with different companies?
    They are the same except the Verizon one is missing the "extra" programs that Sprint supplies like On Demand and Sprint TV. The Sprint one is also set to recognize AAC files as ringtones but the Verizon one isn't. However this is a patch here on Treocentral that let's the Verizon 700p recognize AAC files as ringtones also. The Verizon one is a brownish grey while the Sprint is a bluish grey. Otherwise they are the same.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Plus Verizon has the option NOT to use VersaCrap! Thanks Sprint...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    True, although I'll be in the minority here and say that Versamail has worked fine for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Plus Verizon has the option NOT to use VersaCrap! Thanks Sprint...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    True, although I'll be in the minority here and say that Versamail has worked fine for me so far.

Your not the only one. I have had no issues with Versafail.
    at&t iPhone3G
    When I had my 650 I referred to it as reVersamail. I haven't had any issues with Versamail on my 700p.
    Maybe it's time for me to try it again...I had so many problems with it since the 600, and the 650, so I didn't even bother trying it on the 700p. Thanks for the heads up...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I had VersaMail problems on my 700p. After a hard reset the phone would work great - pretty fast switching between apps, etc. After going into VersaMail once I couldn't go into the phone app without a several second delay.

Since installing ChatterEmail and deleting the VersaMail files that aren't in ROM the phone went back to the "right after hard reset" speed.
    No problems here with VersaMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    No problems here with VersaMail.
    Ditto. No issues with it on the 700p or on the 650.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    While we're at it, Versamail works just fine
  12. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Sometimes, Versamail will give me an alert for new mail (usually the first scheduled time in the morning) when there isn't. But otherwise it's fine.

Also, sending a mail by putting it in the 'Outbox' doesn't work too well for me. I just hit 'Send' to send it right away.
    I loaded Versamail on my VZW 700p, because of the problems we had with VZW's Wireless sync on the 650.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    First, I too use VersaMail and it works well.

I do wish Sprint didn't have all the "junk" in ROM. I'd rather it be installed from the disk if desired. I mean, VersaMail works well fro me but if I were a Chatter user I would rather have the option of not installing VersaMial instead of having it coexist on my handheld or have to be removed (if possible) after a hard reset.

I don't use Goodlink, the sample .mp3's, Sprint Business Connection, or OnDemand and would rather they weren't in ROM.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I had em both (new to sprint) and for some reason my sprint version is far faster than the verizon version.

Only weird thing is that with chattermail on the verizon version I could puch mail and scroll through each account, whereas on the sprint version the mail button just resyncs the current email account

and versamail was TERRIBLE on the verizon 700p (ptunes would skip constanly and white screen), decided not to even chance it on the sprint one
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I moved from Sprint to Verizon's and I find Verizon's Hardly ever resets where as Sprints treo was always reseting

Think my issue was coverage area, I was in fringe area. Thats why I changed Vendors.

Still use the excacty the same programs as on the Sprint treo????