Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'd like to move the channels to the SD card, and free up space internally. I can't seem to figure out exactly which files I need to move and how I go about moving them?

TIA.
    After scratching my head for awhile, I just figured this out. On Demand is a Sprint-customized version of Handmark Express which *did* have the ability to store channels to the card. At http://express.handmark.com/support.php#userguides in the upper left corner it says:
    Does Express support expansion memory such as MMC/SD and Memory Sticks?
    Yes, all Express channels can be moved to expansion cards. Palm OS device users can tap-and-hold each channel row within PageOne and select "Move to Expansion Memory." The PageOne application must remain resident in the devices internal memory.
    Sure enough, that works. Go to the PageOne page and press on one of the icons until you get a popup menu. The choices you get are Update Channel, Delete Channel, and Move to Memory Card. Funny this was never mentioned in any of the Sprint user guides.

I've got my 100+ apps from my 600/650 loaded and still have 30M free, so I don't need to do this yet, but it sure is nice to know.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Sweet tip... thanks.
    Anyone feel like making a T|C wiki entry for it since it's non-obvious and not documented? See http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.php/Main_Page to get started.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I would but I've done a fair bit lately and my fingers are on the disabled list (using voice recognition for this post)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks - Having read your post, I did that and moved the channels to my Card. I now have 2 problems and welcome any suggestions:

1. Most of those channels have now disappeared from Page One -- the only channels remaining are Maps, Money and FYI, even though Maps and Money are on the Card. I went into my settings to double check that I have "Show Channels on Card" checked and I do. So, where are they???

2. I thought that maybe by updating, my channels would re-appear -- seems logical enough, right?? Well, whenever I hit the update button, the device soft resets everytime. Likewise, if I hit the Maps or Money buttons, it also goes into a soft reset.

So much for conserving space on the device. I copied the files back and it seems to be working fine again. Has anyone had either similar problems or success with the relocation?
    I'm almost certain card access won't work in the current version.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    After looking at this I loading my channels to the card and OnDemand crashed every time I selected any channel. Moved them back and no problems.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just an update of what I tried. I got the reboots each time by moving all to the card too. So I started testing. And I am able to run everthing off the card but the Sports. That for some reason had to stay internal. Other that that everything right now is on card and I can open each channel up no prob, it is slower off card heh. But works.
    I moved all of channels over to my sd card without a problem. The only thing I notice is when you select a channel it takes a second or two longer than it would with the info being stored internally. But that's not a big deal.
    It may be time to start talking specific versions to explain different behavior. On a Sprint 700p, I'm running v1.1.1541.

I tried to move Sports and Showbiz to the card. Both times they disappeared from the list despite exiting OD, coming back in, playing around, etc. Both times it moved the channel's .prc file to \palm\launcher on the card. That seems odd as I would've expected the stsh, Cach, or news file types be moved - not the app. It would also explain why the icon disappears as OD PageOne probably lists the .prc files it sees in memory to determine which to display. Once you pick one, it launches the corresponding .prc.

If you do a T|C thread title search for "On Demand", you'll see this app has had a number of other problems on Treos. Perhaps not everything is worked out yet.
    I just sent them to my SD card and the Icons disappeared ...canI am not able to me them back ..anyone have any ideas
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I deleted all of the channels except for the weather app.

I believe if you hotsync, you will get OnDemand back on your device. If that doesn't work, go into your C:\Program Files\Palm\your_device_name\Backup folder and copy the OnDemand app to your card and reinstall it from there. All of that useless crap will come back.

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I used FileZ to move them back from the SD to the device and all is well once again.
    Deleted OnDemand, I don't seem to be able to restore it. Tried earlier post.
    Something interesting happened this morning. Started OD and got a message saying a "required update" was needed. OD downloaded and installed the update and sure enough, now when I move the Sports channel to the card, the icon stays and the channel still works fine. New OD version is 1.1.1556.

Looks like the fix to the "disappearing channels" problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Something interesting happened this morning. Started OD and got a message saying a "required update" was needed. OD downloaded and installed the update and sure enough, now when I move the Sports channel to the card, the icon stays and the channel still works fine. New OD version is 1.1.1556.

Looks like the fix to the "disappearing channels" problem.
    It finally works. I've been trying this for awhile.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre