Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's the Vapor-Update right? For some reason I check here every day. No idea why. We all know Palm is more concerned with putting out the next w or wx or v or whatever the hell they are doing these days. Nevermind the people who already lopped down their cash for their product. Besides, we'll all just buy the next newer and "better" one that comes out anyway. Why would they want to fix the one they already sold us? Yea, it all makes sense. But I still keep checking....
    What's not coming? You mean a firmware update? Can't tell yet, it typically takes Palm 4 months minimum to do a firmware update and it hasn't been that long yet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    It. It isn't coming. We're Waiting for Godot. The "P" for the GSM set. You know, the 80%-of-the-world's-mobile-phone-users people. The "P" with full Exchange Server over-the-air sync. The "P" that doesn't crash. The "P" with wifi. The "P" that multi-tasks. You know. The "P" that is oh, let's say, vintage 2006 instead of vintage 2004.

It. We waiting for It.
    [Dream Mode] Palm is taking a while for the ROM update as they are planning to put ALPS on the 700p. They truly care about the PalmOS Treo owners...not just the bottom line [/Dream Mode]
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    It. The "P" with wifi.
    It. We waiting for It.
    WiFi on mobil devices is circa 2003. You can wait for WiFi. I'm not. Atleast until Seidio comes out with a triple thickness 7500 Ah battery and alternative battery cover...
    Palm is not forgetting its user base, they are just making sure that the firmware upgrade covers all the major bugs well. It takes time to do a good job of debugging a Treo. I agree with stroths, Palm really does value us!
    Palm hasn't forgotten us, they are just ignoring us. Big difference!
    They have many money signs in their eyes $$, & I also believe its with Windows.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    We got that IR update, that should be holding us over for what..say...another 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft View Post
    Palm hasn't forgotten us, they are just ignoring us. Big difference!
    That's funny. I hear ya. Its like my post I just made up above about how frustrating all of this is. I sure hope it gets fixed soon or i'm gonna scream.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    uhhh, what's ALPS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    what's worse is when they do make the update, I mean if... verizon and sprint then need to hack at it right?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    uhhh, what's ALPS?
    Access Linux Platform. Don't know about the "S."
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    They are not going to put that on our 700p's witha firmware update...

Chances are when they do release the firmware update, It won't even handle the bugs we want fixed, sort of like releasing the ir updater, while there are more pressing problems. Palm has really decided to stink it up with their software due to the newfound success with hardware.

Palm, you stink! stinky stinky stinky software from the 80's!!!

ok, I feel better now....
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    They are not going to put that on our 700p's witha firmware update...

Chances are when they do release the firmware update, It won't even handle the bugs we want fixed, sort of like releasing the ir updater, while there are more pressing problems. Palm has really decided to stink it up with their software due to the newfound success with hardware.

Palm, you stink! stinky stinky stinky software from the 80's!!!

ok, I feel better now....
    I keep reading about this IR update, but haven't seen it anywhere. What does it fix and where can I find it?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Maybe they are holding off on fixing the 700p until 700wx sales level out. There are some that have picked the wx over the p or upgraded from a p to a wx due to the 700p issues. If they already had a fix out for the p, their sales on the wx might not have included that group.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Maybe they are holding off on fixing the 700p until 700wx sales level out. There are some that have picked the wx over the p or upgraded from a p to a wx due to the 700p issues. If they already had a fix out for the p, their sales on the wx might not have included that group.
    I was thinking about this very issue yesterday. Had the p and wx been released at the same time, there's a very good chance I would have bought the wx instead. Now that I have the p, I'm considering the wx anyway. That means more revenue for Palm if I do go with it. Assuming I don't get the i830w instead
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    It's not a big deal, but it's here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/rawir700p.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    I keep reading about this IR update, but haven't seen it anywhere. What does it fix and where can I find it?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I don't think the question is IF there will be an update I think the question is more WHEN and WHAT. If they release the update in say a month or so and it pretty much fixes 90% of the performance / resetting issues, then I think the vast majority of the 700p users will be satisfied. If on the other hand they take another 4 months and/or release an update that fixes a bunch of trivial and non-essential issues instead (which will essentially verify that we were indeed completely screwed over when we bought the 700p); or if it turns out that the performance issues in the 700P are hardware based and can't be fixed (for example, they used high latency/crappy memory) then I think we'll be seeing a fairly big backlash and large group of 700P users migrating to other solutions (and not coming back to the Palm platform). In essence they will have killed the Palm OS themselves (and dealt a blow to ALP by negative association) in favor of WM. Then again who knows, maybe that's the plan now...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My solution for now is a tried and true Treo 650, purchased off eBay and activated yesterday. No EVDO here, so I'm not missing much. The 650 button layout is actually easier to make rapid calls with. 700p goes on the shelf until a fix comes along, or somebody figures out the magic combination of dbcache, file locker, etc. etc. to make it work reliably. Reminds me of the bad old days of DOS where you had to fiddle with config.sys and autoexec.bat just so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast