Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Palm is not forgetting its user base, they are just making sure that the firmware upgrade covers all the major bugs well. It takes time to do a good job of debugging a Treo. I agree with stroths, Palm really does value us!
    Stroth admitted that he was in "dream mode;" what mode are you in?
  2. #22  
    Palm is going to release a firmware update for sure. It is just a matter of time and lots of testing. If they don't release a firmware update they are going to lose credivility and lose a lot of customers. I bought the 700p knowing that there might be bugs, but as usual a firmware update will make it more stable later on. I just wanted to have it having a future update in mind. However, if their new game is to release beta Treos and just leave them like that I will never ever buy a Treo again. So there goes your answer if a firmware update is coming or not.

    Al
  3. #23  
    I still say that there'll be NO new firmware. Look at the pipeline. Except for the budget 680, there are only Windows Media devices.

    WM is the future for Palm. They are not going to allocate person power (= $$$) to update the treo 700p, which from their standpoint, performs as advertised.

    Prove me wrong, Palm.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_madness View Post
    I still say that there'll be NO new firmware. Look at the pipeline. Except for the budget 680, there are only Windows Media devices.

    WM is the future for Palm. They are not going to allocate person power (= $$$) to update the treo 700p, which from their standpoint, performs as advertised.

    Prove me wrong, Palm.
    LOL.
  5. #25  
    They are going to plunge themselves into the abyss?
  6. #26  
    We bought this device fully knowing Palm had sold their soul to the devil, er Bill Gates, and we bought it somehow praying, hoping, or banking on Palm's goodwill to appease their very minority Palm users by polishing and tweaking an ancient OS which is headed for a dead end?!????? Come on guys, we need to be more realistic than that. If Palm releases an update then we should just all be pleasantly surprised. If they don't then we were all intelligent enough to foresee this at the beggining of this device's life and there is no excuse for crying. Myself: I am planning to hammer in that last nail in the coffin or shovel that last bit of dirt on the grave and THEN, and only then will I reluctantly move on to Windows Mobile.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    We bought this device fully knowing Palm had sold their soul to the devil, er Bill Gates, and we bought it somehow praying, hoping, or banking on Palm's goodwill to appease their very minority Palm users by polishing and tweaking an ancient OS which is headed for a dead end?!????? Come on guys, we need to be more realistic than that. If Palm releases an update then we should just all be pleasantly surprised. If they don't then we were all intelligent enough to foresee this at the beggining of this device's life and there is no excuse for crying. Myself: I am planning to hammer in that last nail in the coffin or shovel that last bit of dirt on the grave and THEN, and only then will I reluctantly move on to Windows Mobile.
    I did not know it. I have been a POS user for over ten years, longer than I have been a Windows user. I have been loyal to Palm, have spent thousands of dollars with them, and I thought that they would be loyal to me. As late as the 650, the most recent product that I have purchased from them, I believed that their identity and that of POS were the same. Excuse or not, I am grieving for the orphan and feel abandoned.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    It. It isn't coming. We're Waiting for Godot. The "P" for the GSM set. You know, the 80%-of-the-world's-mobile-phone-users people..
    Maybe it's not news anymore, but Palm is an American company. Typical thinking of most Americans is: anything outside our borders is irrelevant, unknown and frightening. We only know it by sending bombs. Palm sent you the Treo 650 already... any questions?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_madness View Post
    I still say that there'll be NO new firmware. Look at the pipeline. Except for the budget 680, there are only Windows Media devices.

    WM is the future for Palm. They are not going to allocate person power (= $$$) to update the treo 700p, which from their standpoint, performs as advertised.

    Prove me wrong, Palm.
    They have. Power one up.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack View Post
    It's the Vapor-Update right? For some reason I check here every day. No idea why. We all know Palm is more concerned with putting out the next w or wx or v or whatever the hell they are doing these days. Nevermind the people who already lopped down their cash for their product. Besides, we'll all just buy the next newer and "better" one that comes out anyway. Why would they want to fix the one they already sold us? Yea, it all makes sense. But I still keep checking....
    I agree that it is probably vapor ware. Vapor ware is an important part of Palm's business model. On the other hand, having waited for the fix to the 650 memory problem, I thank that if Palm is going to fix the 750p, it will not be in 2006.
  11. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #31  
    maybe someone one else will release the update and we would have to buy it from palmgear.com
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    THEN, and only then will I reluctantly move on to Windows Mobile.
    I may be here till the end with Palm too but I am hoping for some success with ALP. My guess is that it will be pretty rough around the edges on the first device but I use Linux everywhere else, I want it on my phone too.

    As for Windows Moble, no way. I will switch to the new multimedia Blackberry's first. No Windows on my PC or phone for me.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob View Post
    I may be here till the end with Palm.......
    I think this is it. They missed their numbers, not because their sales through carriers missed but, because their direct sales, sales to us, missed.

    As for ALP, they will not even say it. The optimists among us (Perry where are you?) assert that this is simply more Palm game playing. However, at some point game playing begins to interfere with real business.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I think this is it. They missed their numbers, not because their sales through carriers missed but, because their direct sales, sales to us, missed.

    As for ALP, they will not even say it. The optimists among us (Perry where are you?) assert that this is simply more Palm game playing. However, at some point game playing begins to interfere with real business.
    ? Their sales to "us?" I bought through a carrier. What do you mean?

    What do you mean they won't say "ALP?" I guess I don't know what you mean by Palm playing games and it interfering with real business. At least to me your post didn't make sense.

    Also, when I said I would be there till the end with Palm I meant the PalmOS - sorry for the confusion. I also think that is what the original poster of this same sentiment meant since he said he would have to use Windows Mobile once Palm was gone.

    I disagree that we are at the end of Palm as a hardware supplier or even close. I think most people would agree with me on that.
  15. #35  
    Get used to it, folks. Palm has defected from its own OS. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. Palm has sold its soul to the devil, er Bi!! Gate$, and there will be hell to pay for those who keep investing in POS devices.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions