1.    #1  
    Recently some of my buttons have stopped working. That being they work intermittently and are not reliable. They are the Home button, my space bar, my delete/back button, the enter button the letters a s z x c, and the pre button (lower left) you press to mark the upper character or number on the normal keyboard.

All of these buttons work when the phone is off, but you never know when they will be available when the phone is on.

I tried a hard reset, which deletes the three third party programs I have, shark message, mvoicemail, and verichat. This did not change the experience described above.

I'm 30 days out of warranty :-(

Is their any advice?
    do you have insurance? Maybe you could "lose" the treo.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Do you have insurance? Maybe you could "call the insurance company and tell them you have buttons that don't work."
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  4.    #4  
    what type of insurance are you two speaking of?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Usually, your cell phone carrier will provide you with accidental dammage, loss, theft insurance for something like $5.00 per month through a company like Lock/Line or Assurion. If you don't know about it, you probably don't have it.

I would suggest calling your service provider (Sprint, Verizon, etc.) and asking if you have insurance on your phone. If you do, you can get a replacement for (probably) a $50 deductable. You are most likely limited to one or two such replacements a year.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    This is a known problem. Call Palm enough times and you'll get some sympathy and probably a replacement.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  7.    #7  
    I have an unlocked GSM phone that I currently use on Cingular. Is it possible to purchase phone insurance from a third party for a non-provider locked phone?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami View Post
    This is a known problem. Call Palm enough times and you'll get some sympathy and probably a replacement.
    anyone know how to call their tech support without being charged $25?