1.    #1  
    So do I really need to go out and buy a "mild soap" (which I don't even know what would be classified as a mild soap) or baby shampoo for the application? How about just using dish soap like Joy?

Edited: Nevermind. Used some organic style hand soap and it worked perfectly. Not a bad little protector, this bestskinsever. A little labor intensive to put it on, but pretty darn nice.
    Last edited by kaiguy; 09/20/2006 at 12:41 AM.
    Baby Shampoo or any dishwashing liquid is fine. Just use a touch.

Me, I used Palmolive...this way I softened my hands while I was soaking the BSE.
    Many users love the BSE, and it's a very good company. However, there has been a report that upon removing the skin, some of the paint came off with it. I have not confirmed this though...
    Yikes! I've never heard of that happening. It could be due to whatever "solution" they used to apply the BSE. I bought a couple of bottles of application solution from ShieldZone to make sure I was using something the manufacturers of IS (just like BSE) were using.
  5.    #5  
    ShieldZone uses a special application solution? So the BSE just has the adhesive already applied? Interesting.

Well, I hope it doesn't remove any of the nice finish of my Treo. That would kind of defeat the purpose of using a removable skin, don't you think?

In any case, the BSE looks great (really because I can't notice it). I'm a happy camper for the time being...
    Just be advised that the BSE offers very little protection if you drop it. I dropped my treo with BSE from about 2 feet onto a concrete parking lot, and it left small gashes in my treo. I removed my BSE from my treo shortly after that, and got a Palm flexi case silicone skin.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    Just be advised that the BSE offers very little protection if you drop it. I dropped my treo with BSE from about 2 feet onto a concrete parking lot, and it left small gashes in my treo. I removed my BSE from my treo shortly after that, and got a Palm flexi case silicone skin.
    Will the BSE not work in conjunction with the Palm Flexicase?
    I use my BSE with the palm flexicase

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    ShieldZone uses a special application solution? So the BSE just has the adhesive already applied? Interesting.

Well, I hope it doesn't remove any of the nice finish of my Treo. That would kind of defeat the purpose of using a removable skin, don't you think?

In any case, the BSE looks great (really because I can't notice it). I'm a happy camper for the time being...
    It's not really a special solution. It's just the recommended mix that they've packaged in a small spray bottle. They sell them for $1.00 each and have free shipping for them.

http://www.shieldzone.com/category/applcation_solution/
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Yikes! I've never heard of that happening. It could be due to whatever "solution" they used to apply the BSE. I bought a couple of bottles of application solution from ShieldZone to make sure I was using something the manufacturers of IS (just like BSE) were using.
    Yes, quite right! Like if someone used too much alcohol (I believe alcohol was mentioned somewhere), I don't think it would be good for the paint. What it was applied with could most definitely be causing the paint to come off. I hadn't thought of that.
    I removed my ShieldZone today, well, most of it, and no paint came off. The only part I left on was to cover the battery, since that's the part that may get scratched up when in my pocket, with my keys or whatever else is in there.

I liked the product a lot when I first got it, but, after time, it started to get grimey along the edges and even a bit underneath the product. Also, it would peel a bit where the edges of the Seidio case rubbed against it. At first, it was just making a mark, which didn't bother me. Today, it was actually pulling it away, leaving a pretty nasty looking bubble on the side.

When I pulled it off, it seemed to have a yellowish tent, not sure if it's from being old or what. It was really strong though. I tried pulling it and pushing a pen through it, like on the website, and nothing. My pocket knife did cut it, with little resistenct, but, that's expected.
  12.    #12  
    I doubt this type of product is really designed for long-life. Many people have said in other threads that it does develop a yellowish color after time. As long as I can cleanly remove it when that happens, I think the cost/benefit is quite good.
    I use it to protect from smaller scratches that could be caused by pieces of dirt that might get stuck in-between the Treo and my Palm Flexi case. The Palm Flexi case keeps the BSE in good condition.
    I can't believe I paid $25 for a shieldzone skin when the BSE is so much cheaper! well I am returning it for a refund & get the new thinner silicone skin case...
    IS / BSE are thinner than any silicone skin cases, but for best protection a combo of IS / BSE AND silicone skin case is the best.
    I doubt this type of product is really designed for long-life. Many people have said in other threads that it does develop a yellowish color after time. As long as I can cleanly remove it when that happens, I think the cost/benefit is quite good.
    The yellowish color is from the elements. It is a clear application. It just shows you how much gung is out there when you grab your treo. I bet if you put BSE on and never touch your treo for a year, it would still be clear.
    at&t iPhone3G
    The yellowish color is from the elements. It is a clear application. It just shows you how much gung is out there when you grab your treo. I bet if you put BSE on and never touch your treo for a year, it would still be clear.
    at&t iPhone3G