Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I posted on HowardFourms, and noone knows their...

Origional question:
    i cant seem to figure out how to recieve and actually view the pictures in an email on the 700p... ive tried the viewing options as both text and html mode... any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance
    What email app. are you using?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    the email app that comes with the phone
    VersaMail doesn't download embedded images in HTML emails. You'd be hard pressed to find a resident email program that did - downloading the images would slow downloading and blow the doors off the size of your mail database. You can't view the images on webbased email programs like Yahoo Mail either. There may be a program (Chatter?) that will give you the option to click on one of those red x's to download the image content separately, but not Versamail.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ok, thanks for the quick response
    Use Chatter and throw VersaMail away. Chatter has a 'Browser' button that lets you view the message just like a web page, with pics.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    While its true that Chattermail has the browser button, its just sending the mail to Blazer. It doesn't show it natively. This might not matter to some but its a drawback to me. Unfortunately I don't know of any Palm OS app that natively shows email in HTML.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    There may be a program (Chatter?) that will give you the option to click on one of those red x's to download the image content separately, but not Versamail.
    Versamail allows me to view images (not embedded). It lists the pictures underneath the message body and brings up the picture full screen when I click on it.

JB007Rules: who is your e-mail provider? g-mail?

edit: Okay, I was wrong. I guess the pictures I did that on were added as attachments, not embedded. Embedded e-mails are just X's for me as well, for each of my providers.
    Last edited by RawsonDR; 09/19/2006 at 09:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    im hostin my own email from my server running on a covad dedicated loop dsl line. but i also have earthlink, and same on that... i guess ill have to live without it
    Are embedded images a feature with WM5? I'm seriously thinking about making the switch to either the new Samsung smartphone coming out on Sprint or the 700wx.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    You can see images in the email with WM5 pocketpc devices. I'm not sure about WM5 smartphones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    Are embedded images a feature with WM5? I'm seriously thinking about making the switch to either the new Samsung smartphone coming out on Sprint or the 700wx.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    You can see images in the email with WM5 pocketpc devices. I'm not sure about WM5 smartphones though.
    Hmmm, the plot thickens!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Embedded images with FlexMail on my WM PPC 6700 was a great thing.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.