Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I depend heavily on email for my business and FastMail has become unreliable lately. So, it's time to switch.

I need at least 2GB mailbox storage and no less than 25Mb attachements. Everyone.net has a promotion on their business account to bump per mailbox storage to 4GB and they allow attachments in the size I need. I also need IDLE support for push to Chatter.

Any recommendations for other services that fit those requirements that are more reliable than FastMail?
    I've been using Everyone.net for the past few months, first through emailtreo.com (Chatter's 6 months free offer) and then as a stand-alone personal plan. I haven't had any problems at all.

I currently have 1.4gb of emails stored and their service still flawless.
  3.    #3  
    I set up a business account with Everyone and it seems to be working so far. Just curious if others have had good experiences with other services.
    I started forwarding to the free emailtreo.com account a few weeks ago after getting fed up with fastmail.fm as well. So far, no complaints.
    The only reason I stick with Fastmail is because it lets me pull emails from my Hotmail accounts at hourly intervals. I am not aware of any other free IMAP/IDLE accounts that do this. Are there?

For critical email, I have a hosted solution with IMAP/IDLE that's perfect with Chatter!
    I have no personal experience, but I believe fusemail does that too.

Quote Originally Posted by cadavi View Post
    The only reason I stick with Fastmail is because it lets me pull emails from my Hotmail accounts at hourly intervals. I am not aware of any other free IMAP/IDLE accounts that do this. Are there?

For critical email, I have a hosted solution with IMAP/IDLE that's perfect with Chatter!
  7.    #7  
    I was a big fan os Fastmail and Chatter until Fastmail became inceasingly unreliable. My partner and I were without email from them for over two days last week. That is the third outage for us in less than two months. The outages seem to become more severe as time goes on. When their service works, it's great, but I'm looking for someone with more reduncency for the times when problems do occur.
    AOL gives you UNLIMITED email storage, but... is only 15MB attachement/per file

--all for free
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    AOL gives you UNLIMITED email storage, but... is only 15MB attachement/per file

--all for free
    Does AOL let me pull emails from my Hotmail accounts at frequent intervals like fastmail?
    Not really answering your question, but suggesting an alternative. For free web based email, why not check out gmail? IMO, much better than Hotmail and you can quickly set it up to forward to your fastmail (or whatever IMAP) account.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    Not really answering your question, but suggesting an alternative. For free web based email, why not check out gmail? IMO, much better than Hotmail and you can quickly set it up to forward to your fastmail (or whatever IMAP) account.
    I already do that - I forward my Gmail to Fastmail and it works pretty good. However, I do have some legacy Hotmail stuff that I need to access. Rather than go through all my older emails and inform everyone my new address, Fastmail does a decent job of retrieving my Hotmail also, which is why it's a good solution for me.
    Cadavi, my fastmail has stopped retreiving my Hotmail email a while back i thought it was something that they dont do anymore, but i see yours is working, i wonder whats wrong with my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    Cadavi, my fastmail has stopped retreiving my Hotmail email a while back i thought it was something that they dont do anymore, but i see yours is working, i wonder whats wrong with my account.
    Rick,

I'm surprised as well (pleasantly, I might add!). I have 2 Hotmail accounts (opened a long long long time ago) that I can still POP3 into, and Fastmail also retrieves emails from them. Fact is, that's the only reason I still use Hotmail sometimes - I can POP3 into them (using Outlook or something else) and get them via IMAP using Fastmail. Otherwise I hate Hotmail's web interface.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  15.    #15  
    I works very well. I get push to my 650 almost instantly. The attachment size is acceptable and the 4Gb storage per mailbox is nice as well.

I guess this is one of those wait and see things. I liked Fastmail until they started having so many problems. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Everyone.

Thanks a lot for all of your input. BTW, I'll check out AOL this week also.
    "The account you are trying to login to is in the process of being recovered from a disk failure and is currently unavailable. This process will take around a day. Please see the Fastmail status blog for more details and updates. We apologise for the inconvenience. "

Is this a *&(*%&*^%%* joke? I'm worried about any service now. Fastmail used to be great, now it's a bleeping joke. How do we know that xyz won't hit the same snags in 2 years? I wish Google would enable IMAP on their account so I can put my fastmail account out of its misery. Or maybe I do have to consider one of these Exchange hosted accounts.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I've never seen so much as a hiccup at everyone.net.

Marc
    Doesn't AOL have free IMAP now?
    Unfortunately you get what you pay for and the only reason I stick with FastMail for my personal e-mail is the information isn't critical and the price is right compared to everyone.net and a few others.

If I were running a business, I don't think I'd trust FastMail for reliability reasons. That's a shame too because when FastMail works, it's really good. However, in 2006, there really shouldn't be an excuse for having your mail service down this frequently.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Mark -

How do I get a Chatter mail box linked to fastmail to go offline while the fastmail servers are down? Chatter lists "can't connect" and then it retries a connection every 280 seconds. When I choose any of the OFFLINE options (Go Offline, ALL Offline) they don't work for the fastmail mailboxes.

thx
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast