Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Edit Mailbox and check "Offline".
    I ahve used Fusemail.com for years now and it's great and will pull email from just about anywhere and supports idle. When I was using Chatter on my 650 it was flawless.
    What I do is have Fastmail forward to ChatterEmail, which allows me to keep Fastmail off line.

Ben
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I ahve used Fusemail.com for years now and it's great and will pull email from just about anywhere and supports idle. When I was using Chatter on my 650 it was flawless.

Woof -

I opened a Fusemail account this weekend - it is great. I am going to use them as a backup to FM now. The webmail format is much easier to use than FM and the IMAP compatibility with Chatter works great, certainly no worse than FM as messages post to the Treo within seconds. The only function that FM has that Fuse doesn't is with regard to forwarded messages. As I use a pop3 email address as my main email address, previously I had it forwarded to FM and then FM would retrieve messages off of the server every hour or so. When FM retrieved messages it would not populate to the FM inbox any messages that had been already forwarded from the pop3 account, thus avoiding duplicate messages in the FM inbox. When you "fuse" a pop3 acct with Fusemail, the retrievals occur based on your volume of email activity, the more messages you get the more the "fuses" occur. However, as I had already added Fusemail to be forwarded from my pop3 acct I ended up getting duplicate messages in my inbox when Fusing mypop3 acct. It is critical to me to have pop3 messages taken off the pop3 server as I only have 25mb of storage on the pop3 server. My solution is an easy one - my pop3 server now has an option to "delete messages from server when forwarded". By checking the delete option and stopping the Fuse activity from occuring in Fusemail, I now am getting emails to Fusemail (and my treo) on a PUSH basis, and my pop3 server remains clean at all times. Should there ever be a problem with Fusemail I can just turn off the "delet from server" option on the pop3 server and I will then be able to capture messages.

Had I not had this strategy in place with FM I would be having a big problem this weekend as the service is still not back up. The latest info from the fastmail status blog (http://status.fastmail.fm/) is that web access is starting to be restored for the server 3 customers who are down, but IMAP access will not be restored for an undetermined period. Some of the boards are suggesting that it might be until the middle of next week until server 3 email service is fully restored.

I know Marc has warned FM users about 1 year ago to choose alternative providers and he was right. Hopefully email service will be restored as I have a significant amount of emails that have not been sync'd to my desktop that I will need to retrieve and then upload to Fusemail. It does seem that FM is very confident that they have not lost any emails so hopefully that will be the case. Thanks to Fusemail I am operational with current emails which is always the most critical element, although I certainly need to retrieve all old emails as well.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Edit Mailbox and check "Offline".
    I was doing that, but it wasn't working as the FM mailboxes were in a loop as they were in ONLINE status but kept trying to reset to the server. I eventually deleted the mailboxes.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I've had a Fastmail member account (the one with no annual fee) for probably 3 years now, and even recently I've never had a problem with it. I guess maybe I just got lucky, from the sounds of it.
    Fastmail users: what "compensation" (if any) would make you stay with them?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12