1.    #1  
    The SD card slot on my Sprint 700p is broken. It does not recognize any of my SD cards, either my brand new Ridata, or my old Sandisk cards. I kept trying to reformat, and doing soft resets, plus trying different cards, but nothing works. I'm very sure the SD card slot is fried...completely!

This problem was slowly getting worse and worse for the past couple months, and doing soft resets would help sometimes in the past. But now, absolutely no response...zero.

I only bought this Sprint 700p earlier this year directly from Sprint's website. Is this thing still under warranty? What should I do?

Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    it should be under warranty, just bring it to a sprint store and most likely they will replace it. i've gotten many treo's replaced with no problem at the stores.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    it should be under warranty, just bring it to a sprint store and most likely they will replace it. i've gotten many treo's replaced with no problem at the stores.

Do I need to have purchased the extended warranty? I never got the warranty policy. Will a replacement still work? Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    within one year its covered, unless it was damaged from fluid or dropped. The extended warranty covers it after the year is up ad sometimes covers damage.
    Take it to the store or call sprint. The should replace it if its within a year since you purchased it. It will probably be a refurb though. But hey, that's better then nuthin!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    if its hardware problems sprint usually replaces them on the spot, they are are pretty good about that.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    if you have TEP or ESRP sprint will either order you a replacement or swap it out for you. If you don't, theres a chance that they will do it for free, but policy is that without sprints ESRP is that it would be a repair fee to "fix" the phone. Since they can't fix it, they would charge the $35 or $55 repair fee and order one. For warrenty work, they will tell you that you need to go through palm.

I would talk to cust care about having a replacement mailed to you. I know in my area, sprint is strick on repair fees, and its very hard to have a store waive them. Unfortunatly our DM is very strick on policy.
  7.    #7  
    This sucks. I just went to a local Sprint store, and a knowledgable rep said I would have to go through the manufacturer to get this fix, since it's way past the 30 days when I bought it from Sprint. Since I didn't get the insurance for $6 a month, I'm out of luck with Sprint he said.

Double suck! What do I do now? Can anyone confirm the above to be true? I don't even know how to contact Palm for a replacement. If this is true, what address do I send to, and what else should I do?

Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    This sucks. I just went to a local Sprint store, and a knowledgable rep said I would have to go through the manufacturer to get this fix, since it's way past the 30 days when I bought it from Sprint. Since I didn't get the insurance for $6 a month, I'm out of luck with Sprint he said.
    Thanks, Casey.
    Like i said before, they should give you the option of paying for the "repair". I will talk to my tech to see what it would be, but it might be better than trying to get palm to fix the phone and wait to get it back. This way, they would either swap it in the store or order one, but you would keep yours until the other one arrived.
    I hupad the same problem more than once and found out it was a software incompatibility problem, not a hardware problem. I would perform the dpad up soft reset procedure and then a normal reset and finally get to my SD card. As soon as the software that turned out to be an alarm program.
    i have gotten my treos replaced a total of 10 times thats including the 300,600,650,and 700, it has been replaced for numerous different reasons, but i tell you one thing the $6 a month insurance have paid itself 1000 times over, i just would buy such an expensive and fragile phone and not put insurance on it, sprint has replaced all my phones instore because the first thing they ask you is do you have insurance?, they are not too friendly to people with no insurance i dont think, or i guess my sprint store is just way to laid back about these things.
    You could also try a different store Casey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    You should have a year warranty but there seems to be confusion about who it's with.

Try a different store or two. I had them swap my the other day, sound problems (they didn't even check it out they were so busy). But I did have the insurance. I don't recall them asking me about the insurance. (I was in and out in 40 minutes)

Gary
    Last edited by garylapointe; 09/19/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    You should have a year warranty but there seems to be confusion about who it's with.

Try a different store or two. I had them swap my the other day, sound problems (they didn't even check it out they were so busy). But I did have the insurance. I don't recall them asking me about the insurance. (I was in and out in 40 minutes)

Gary
    I agree, thereís a big confusion about warranty. According to all sprint m&ps that went into effect 1/2/06, without ESRP all manufacture warranty related services are a repair fee in the store, or the option for the customer to go through the manufacture like you would have to do with most other electronic products that are purchased.

The issue is what the actual agreement between sprint and palm. As an employee we are told to either charge for a repair (non repair phones are treated the same, but there is no actual repair) and if it canít be fixed to either order a phone or swap in store or if the customer doesnít want to pay for a repair, they are to contact the manufacture about warranty service. In this case though, Palm will tell you that sprint handles warranty services.

As far as them not asking about insurance, when we scan the phone in for service work, it shows whether the account has TEP, ESRP or just ERP. Since you have TEP or ESRP, you have a very easy time exchanging the phone.
    Don;t know if this will work, but one person on another thread suggested getting a cheapo sprint phone and change the ESN over to it. Add the $6 insurance and then switch the ESN back to the Treo. Supposedly, you can do this since the other phone is new on the account. Then the $6 protection carries back over to the Treo when you switch the ESN back.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    It doesn't matter if its past 30 days. They still need to replace it under warranty. Call palm and tell them to conference call sprint with you to get a replacement. Tell palm sprint is giving you the run around and telling you palm should replace it. It is covered for a year under palm's warranty, but sprint is suppossed to handle this. The rep was either dumb or lazy...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  16.    #16  
    Here's the latest scoop on this problem:

Yesterday, I went to a different Sprint store to complain about this SD card slot problem.

Surprisingly, after doing a hard reset, the SD card slot worked again! However, I'm cautiously optimistic about this, because I still think this problem may resurface. I'm also worried that one of my many 3rd party apps is causing the SD card to not be read by the Treo. The problem is not knowing which app might be causing this problem, if in fact this is the case.

The Sprint store manager was willing to let me do an exchange for another 700p for a $55.00 fee, provided that the SD card slot problem continued after doing a hard reset. However, because the SD card slot worked again after the hard reset, the manager would no longer let me exchange my 700p, even if I wanted to pay the $55.00 fee.

Now I have an entirely different problem, which is a mysterious LudusP error message that won't go away after trying to do a hotsynch. I've created a new thread about this issue already.

In short, for now at least, my SD card slot problem is solved. But I won't hold my breath on this.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    The rep was either dumb or lazy...
    I can tell you its not the reps fault. We are trained that all warrenty issues are handled by the manufacturer for free service work and the cust has the choice of paying for the repair in the store.