1.    #1  
    I know it doesn't come on the phone, but is there a program available for the 700p that will allow this? if so how well does it work?

thanks, cody

ps: I know, I didn't search. I'm posting in a hurry on my phone. considering returning my wx and going with the p
    i found a fix...but it was pretty expensive i bought a new camry hybrid with built in bluetooth. i was shocked when i found out that the 700p works flawlessly with the camry. no connection or pairing issues. you start the car, bluetooth connects automatically...disconnects when you turn off the car.

but what really blew my mind was the 700p also works flawlessly with the voice dail in the camry. i can voice dail by name, number or speed dail using the fm pre-set buttons.
  3.    #3  
    wow, was missing my bt voice dialing that i had on the ppc6700. i don't think i miss it that bad. lol
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I had BT voice dialing on my Moto V710 and loved it. I can't beleive the 700P is missing this. This is the one feature that has me so disappointed in the phone otherwise i love it.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I thought the 700p didn't support voicedialing over bluetooth? How is it working with the camry?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I would guess the same way it does with my BMW. The car is doing the voice recognition and passing the command to the car.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    not sure how it works with the camry, but it is really awesome. i stored all my contacts in the car, so i can hit a button and say call so and so...and it dials.

and with CA's new law prohibiting using your hands on cell phones while driving...hands free dialing is a very welcome feature for me.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    and with CA's new law prohibiting using your hands on cell phones while driving...hands free dialing is a very welcome feature for me.
    Doesn't take effect until July '08.
    It's the car doing the voice dialing, not the Treo. It just passes the number to dial to the Treo.

not sure how it works with the camry, but it is really awesome. i stored all my contacts in the car, so i can hit a button and say call so and so...and it dials.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i found a fix...but it was pretty expensive i bought a new camry hybrid with built in bluetooth. i was shocked when i found out that the 700p works flawlessly with the camry. no connection or pairing issues. you start the car, bluetooth connects automatically...disconnects when you turn off the car.

but what really blew my mind was the 700p also works flawlessly with the voice dail in the camry. i can voice dail by name, number or speed dail using the fm pre-set buttons.
    Interesting that the TREO 700P works with the Camry. Verizon website states it only works with the 700W. I have a TREO650 and have not been able to get it to work. Both Palm and Verizon state they do not have an update it does not work because of the stack method used by Verizon..blah, blah.....you get the drift. I was wondering if the Bluetooth software used on the TREO 700P can be used on the TREO650? Does anyone know?
    Has anyone found any reliable software for the Treo 700P that allows voice dialing with a Blue Tooth headset? I tried the VoiceSignal software, but it doesn't work with the headset, so it's pretty useless.
    The Bluetooth stack on the palm os is incoapable of handling voice dialing via bluetooth.
    When I got my 700p, I also was disappointed in it not being able to voice dial via BT. I did a lot of research and found a possible solution.

A person would have to buy this these two additional software:

Treo Voice Dialing:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html

and

Softick Audio Gateway:
    http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

This voice dialing software will work with A2DP BT headsets. You would first have to pair the A2DP headset using SOG, then the voicedialing will work. I also found a single ear A2DP headset:

Jabra BT8040:
    http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/NA-...braBT8040.aspx

I was able to get my dual ear headset to work and to voice dial, but it was a pain. I want a phone that supports voice dialing naively. Hell, my old dumb phone did so, and I only paid $20 for that.

This was just one of the many issues that I've had with the 700p, and with Palm in general. My latest being that Palm doesn't support 64bit Vista.

My contract renewal is coming up, and I've decided that after being a long time palm user, it is now time to move to another platform.

Daryl