1.    #1  
    Finally decided to set up the hacked DUN on my 700p (Verizon), so I searched and read through a bunch of the posts on it.

Easily got it set up on my desktop (the computer i sync my treo with) via USB Hotsync cable and is working like a champ.

But then I tried it on my laptop via USB and no dice. I installed VZAccess on the laptop and installed Palm Desktop (apparently required for VZAccess installation), but when I go to dial out on the modem it says there's a error. I never did sync my 700p with the laptop (since I don't want any conflicts with my desktop), but is that a requirement to get DUN working?

Any tips would be great.

P.S. - Someone should sticky a thread with exact step by step instructions on how to do this for both Sprint and Verizon 700p's. Have to dig 10 pages deep in the main DUN thread to find clear instructions.
    Your best bet would be to get PDANet (google it) and try that. if you're using VZAccess manager software, it will not use any hack that you've activated; it WILL use the "correct" DUN profile, and if you're not provisioned for it, it won't go.

As for a sticky, I have my doubts that the mods would want to do that. If you wanna hack your phone to skirt around the fees & restrictions, that's your business. But why should anyone here encourage what is, technically, a contract or TOS violation?
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet View Post
    Your best bet would be to get PDANet (google it) and try that. if you're using VZAccess manager software, it will not use any hack that you've activated; it WILL use the "correct" DUN profile, and if you're not provisioned for it, it won't go.

As for a sticky, I have my doubts that the mods would want to do that. If you wanna hack your phone to skirt around the fees & restrictions, that's your business. But why should anyone here encourage what is, technically, a contract or TOS violation?
    Thanks for the response. I am aware of PDANet but prefer the free option (wouldn't you)? I'm not "using" VZAccess for anything; I only installed it because the USB drivers are included with its installation. It doesn't need to be running, ever. So, to reiterate, DUN works on my desktop (my main Treo syncing computer), but doesn't work on the laptop.

Agree on the sticky - the mods probably don't want to encourage this even though the community here values it.
    Has anyone had success in setting up their DUN via Bluetooth successfully on their VERIZON PALM 700p?

PalmOne.com has a step-by-step protocol listed on their website via KNOWLEDGE BASE LIBRARY Article #42765, at http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...Case=obj(42765)

I also phoned VERIZON and added the special DUN ($15/mo.) package to my Broadband Account. They made sure that my phone was set up OKay and package sent to it.

However, after successfully and carefully reading instructions, I still received a "modem error message."

I'm trying to sink my Macintosh Titanium PowerBook. OS X4.7 w/D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth.

Any help would be appreciated.

--Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
    Has anyone had success in setting up their DUN via Bluetooth successfully on their VERIZON PALM 700p?

PalmOne.com has a step-by-step protocol listed on their website via KNOWLEDGE BASE LIBRARY Article #42765, at http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...Case=obj(42765)

I also phoned VERIZON and added the special DUN ($15/mo.) package to my Broadband Account. They made sure that my phone was set up OKay and package sent to it.

However, after successfully and carefully reading instructions, I still received a "modem error message."

I'm trying to sink my Macintosh Titanium PowerBook. OS X4.7 w/D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth.

Any help would be appreciated.

--Josh
    Sounds like you need the modem drivers. I use a G4 mac and had the same issue early on. I downloaded Verizon access for the drivers. You can still use internet connect for your connection, but I would try this first.

If that doesn't work, I've sometimes had problems because I've turned bluetooth off on my Treo. When it connects, for some reason, it no longer recognizes the port. I usually have to re-establish the connections from scratch. Now, as a lot of people have found out, I don't turn off bluetooth ever and don't seem to experience the issues.