Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Prl update 20224 as of Friday 9/15/06 per Dragonman.
    Last edited by KStewart; 09/20/2006 at 02:59 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Prl update 20225 as of Friday 9/15/06 per Dragonman.
    Isnt it PRL update 20224?
  3. #3  
    It is PRL 20224, and does specifically affect the Treo 700p in some cases, in some areas. Here's the specifics:

    Network Acquisition
    No network acquisition changes.

    Domestic Roaming Coverage
    Changes were made to the PRL to assist customers with the Treo 700p. The Treo device was unable to receive voicemail indicator and place and receive calls while roaming in Norfolk, Virginia. The issue was confined to Treo devices.

    Additionally, a change in carrier preference was made to Digital 800 CDMA roaming systems in central Wisconsin.

    Customers who live or travel with tri-mode and digital dual mode devices or EVDO devices can obtain a PRL update to take advantage of this change.

    Available via OTA servers on Friday, September 15
    The Timeline:

    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
  4. #4  
    anyway to force this, i keep getting the message pop up to download it but its only when im recieving a call sometimes and have to say no cause i need to take the call
  5. #5  
    Maybe try calling yourself from a landline so you can take the download?

    You should also be able to get the update by dialing *2.
    The Timeline:

    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
  6. #6  
    Mine pushed automatically to the phone with a vision profile update...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
    Mine pushed automatically to the phone with a vision profile update...
    How do you do a vision profile update?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chale View Post
    Isnt it PRL update 20224?
    It sure is...I made a mistake fellas. The update is 20224.
    at&t iPhone3G
  9. #9  
    I called this morning for a PRL update....got 20224....gezzzz!!

    IGO
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    It sure is...I made a mistake fellas. The update is 20224.
    Can you update the thread title?
  11. #11  
    ##data#
    menu
    update vision profile
    repeat
    repeat
    repeat
    ...it eventually "takes"
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Can you update the thread title?
    I thought I got her done but I can't seem to change the thread title.
    Last edited by KStewart; 09/20/2006 at 03:20 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    ##data#
    menu
    update vision profile
    repeat
    repeat
    repeat
    ...it eventually "takes"
    I called Sprint 3 differnt times, each time after dialing *2 I got no update. I tried the aboe method about 5 times....still no update. I seem to be totally stuck at 20221 which sucks since I lie about 10 minutes from Norfolk...20224 is important to me.
  14. #14  
    For the last few days, whenever I call *2 I'm told I need a free update. The process appears to succeed -- I get the OTA Provisioning Successful screen -- but when I check I'm still at PRL 20224. I've tried updating after both soft and hard resets, but no luck? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by beckkk1 View Post
    For the last few days, whenever I call *2 I'm told I need a free update. The process appears to succeed -- I get the OTA Provisioning Successful screen -- but when I check I'm still at PRL 20224. I've tried updating after both soft and hard resets, but no luck? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.
    Read the rest of the thread. 20224 is the latest.
  16. #16  
    Nothing here and the "sprint tech" said I don't need it. I live in Williamsburg, VA.

    I am on 20221
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Read the rest of the thread. 20224 is the latest.
    That may be the case, but my phone keeps appearing to successfully download a PRL update. Of course, it'd be just like Sprint to push an update that doesn't exist, instead of the usual struggle to get an update that does.
  18. #18  
    Most Sprint reps are unfortunately, clueless. Ask for a level-2 tech. They know what you're talking about, immediately. Everyone else gives you the run-around, whether out of ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    Nothing here and the "sprint tech" said I don't need it. I live in Williamsburg, VA.

    I am on 20221
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    Most Sprint reps are unfortunately, clueless. Ask for a level-2 tech. They know what you're talking about, immediately. Everyone else gives you the run-around, whether out of ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.
    If they tell you you don't need or ask why you want, just tell them you have upcoming travel plans and want to ensure you have the latest preferred roaming list....
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  20. #20  
    Where do you check to see the PRL version on a 700p?

    Nevermind, I found it.
    Last edited by TopTenTodd; 11/22/2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: DUH!

Posting Permissions