Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 141
  1. #121  
    Used *2 to receive the 20225 from 20224.
    It has a huge effect on reception in the Berkeley,CA hills area.
    For the past year at my home location , I could barely connect to the internet .It was very very slow and intermittent .
    Since I updated the PRL last night ,Im getting EVDO 99 % of the time.Love it
  2. #122  
    woot. 20225 here too. excited!!!
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever View Post
    Tried updating manually, and the progress shows that it's complete. Verified via phone info, and it remained 20221. Tried again, same thing, no dice.

    Called Sprint and told the voice prompt "update PRL software." I was transferred to a rep immediately with someone on there. Proceeded to ask him to flag my account for update, and did it in 2 minutes.

    Called Sprint again, and the system recognized my phone. Performed the update OTA. My phone's now at 20225.

    One thing that I immediately noticed is how fast the login/handshake to PV was. 20221 was wayyy slower. I'll report back with battery performance.
    haha. i called up *2 and asked for technical help, and i asked for a prl update and the guy was like "your phone doesnt need an update. goodbye". so then i called back and did what you suggested... telling the voice prompt "update prl software" and i got fowarded to this kind lady who knew exactly what i wanted. i am now running prl version 20225... and before i had 20223. hooray!
  4. TeeZee1000's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    haha. i called up *2 and asked for technical help, and i asked for a prl update and the guy was like "your phone doesnt need an update. goodbye". so then i called back and did what you suggested... telling the voice prompt "update prl software" and i got fowarded to this kind lady who knew exactly what i wanted. i am now running prl version 20225... and before i had 20223. hooray!
    I did the same thing today, im running 20225 upgraded from 20221
  5. #125  
    Though I am at PRL 20221 in Omaha, I was told that I don't need 20225. Is there anyway to prove/disprove this?
  6. #126  
    Just keep calling until you get a Smart Tech to help you, I got mine & I requested it via email.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  7. #127  
    took a couple of calls. I was at 20221. I did *2 nothing. *2 and said prl and get to lady who said call
    *2 and hang up with voice prompt. This did not work. Finally get to another human who said it should be automatic and I said it was not. She said she did something and that I should call back *2. This time i did it it rang differently and a voice said stay on line for update. I did it and now it is 20225.

    Thanks for those who let us know about this. Here is hoping the letter to Culligan gets results, also.
  8. #128  
    You can also email ecare@ cc.sprintpcs.com and ask for a PRL update. This is how I've been doing my update since 20221.
  9. #129  
    ecare is horrible they directed me to *2 a couple of times so I stopped emailing them
    Treoing & Loving it
  10. souflshr's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Used *2 to receive the 20225 from 20224.
    It has a huge effect on reception in the Berkeley,CA hills area.
    For the past year at my home location , I could barely connect to the internet .It was very very slow and intermittent .
    Since I updated the PRL last night ,Im getting EVDO 99 % of the time.Love it
    I'm at the Parkwoods condos and man does service SUCK there. I'm really hoping this will be an improvement!!!
  11. #131  
    ecare reffered me to *2 only once. A different person response to my email each time. I guess its like calling *2 but my rate of getting an update is better with ecare than *2.
  12. #132  
    ecare works better than *2, for sure. Just send out several messages at the same time. Since this is directed to a general mailbox, and different people see it, hopefully one will flag your account. And if it's done multiply, it's still done.
  13. #133  
    Yesterday morning: CS stated that no update was needed.

    Last night: Emailed ecare with my request.

    Today (before lunch): Rec'd this reply from ecare:

    "Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel regarding a PRL update. I
    would be more than happy to assist you on this matter.

    I have completed your account to flag your account for a PRL update effective 12/14/2006."

    Immediately after reading this reply, I dialed *2 and the update commenced.

    The TC forum rocks!
  14. #134  
    Where can I find the latest prl for the sprint 650?
  15. #135  
    hmm, i tried the manual method on my new treo 700p (at 20221 now) and it stills ays 20221. I tried calling *2 and the lady claimed I don't need a PRL update. How does she know what I need? Anyway, trying ecare now.
  16. #136  
    I'm reading this thread & asking myself why some of you are so excited to be updating your Preferred Roaming List as though its some long anticipated firmware update or something!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    I'm reading this thread & asking myself why some of you are so excited to be updating your Preferred Roaming List as though its some long anticipated firmware update or something!
    Theoretically these updates will include information about new towers, that should improve overall signal coverage and strength.
  18. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #138  
    Also, iirc, 20224 allowed/made some change in how long before an EVDO connection timed out - made a noticable impact in battery usage.

    But no, it's not as exciting as a firmware update, but still welcome.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    You can also email ecare@ cc.sprintpcs.com and ask for a PRL update. This is how I've been doing my update since 20221.
    Many tims when I email, I get email returned with, "Recipient address: ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com
    Reason: Illegal host/domain name found." I get this weather emailing from phone or the sprintpcs.com. Sometimes it goes through. Any ideas?
  20. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #140  
    was on 221 which is how the phone came out of the box. had to call cust service to have them manually flag my account. updated to 225 just now.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions