Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Where are you located if I may ask? I have noticed an improvement too, but I already have been getting two and half days out of my device.
    I'm in San jose, CA
    Unlike the last prl update, this one was a piece of cake. I went the *2 route and requested the update-then dialed back. It took on the very first try.

Now I'm hoping the I'll experience the increase in battery performance that some have being posting about. Don't see the connection if you're not in the area that was directly affected by the prl update but who knows.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I just updated mine. *2 worked the first time.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ...when they raise the minimum wage. At the current level, they are already getting overpaid.

So, this is too funny. Just called Sprint Cust Service...these "first line" defenders really are idiots.

I'm not a newbie, but wasn't at all familiar with the PRL update and why I'd want it. Reading this read, wasn't hard to follow, checked out my phone, had 20221.

Called Customer Service, explained to the genius what I wanted done...she wants to know why...I tell her...she doesn't get it...she keeps on asking me to explain...I do...she still doesnt get it...she wants to know if I got a notice on my invoice, if I'm having probs with my phone, etc, etc, etc...then I got paranoid, thinking I had NO friggin clue what I was talking about. I mean, the whole network/battery thing made sense to me reading it here, but this woman was talking to me like I was a total moron. Finally, she offered to transfer me to tech support, but let me know that she "really didn't think I knew what I was talking about."

Talked to Tech Support, said what I wanted done, guys says no problem. Just to see if I had followed this thread right and hadn't totally effed it up talking to the first rep, I told him why I wanted it done and asked if that made sense. He said it made perfect sense.

I swear, my grandma knows as much as those Sprint Reps. And, yes, she is just like the cliche: when her power goes out, her VCR flashes 12:00 untill one of us goes over there and sees it flashing. We fix it. Till the next time the power goes out.

Here's to the next time I have to call Sprint customer service...
    Quote Originally Posted by MJSgl View Post
    ...when they raise the minimum wage. At the current level, they are already getting overpaid.

So, this is too funny. Just called Sprint Cust Service...these "first line" defenders really are idiots....
    Yes...there's always a catch...Sprint has the cheapest costing service at the expense of idiots in CS....oh well, with firums like these and sprintusers.com...who needs CS....just take the money and run!
  6. rcs
    I tried updating with ##3282#. Still on 2022. I called sprint and they flagged me for the update. I will try *2 in like a half hour. Thats how long they said to wait. I will let you know what happens.
  7. rcs
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs View Post
    I tried updating with ##3282#. Still on 2022. I called sprint and they flagged me for the update. I will try *2 in like a half hour. Thats how long they said to wait. I will let you know what happens.
    Yep, I got the update prompt when I called *2, now I have 2024. I live in MA. It works. I will let you know if I notice any difference.
    Tried updating manually, and the progress shows that it's complete. Verified via phone info, and it remained 20221. Tried again, same thing, no dice.

Called Sprint and told the voice prompt "update PRL software." I was transferred to a rep immediately with someone on there. Proceeded to ask him to flag my account for update, and did it in 2 minutes.

Called Sprint again, and the system recognized my phone. Performed the update OTA. My phone's now at 20225.

One thing that I immediately noticed is how fast the login/handshake to PV was. 20221 was wayyy slower. I'll report back with battery performance.
  9. rcs
    Check out this Thread I posted. There is a brand new update I just received yesterday.

*NEW* PRL UPDATE TREO 700wx *NEW*
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just dialed *2 and got the update (didn't have to say a thing, the automated attendant said I was due for an update and it installed automatically).

I was at 20224. Now I'm at 20225.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I also just dialed #2 & an auto message told me about an update & proceeded to update me to 20225
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NV43345 View Post
    I also just dialed #2 & an auto message told me about an update & proceeded to update me to 20225
    I just tried the same thing on my 700p and indeed, it was fully automated with on screen and voice prompting and the menu item "phone info" now says 20225. So where do I find the official blurb about what improvements were made to my 700p by letting it update to 20225?

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Alright, I found the trick to this. For those interested. I, when I first got my phone, was on 20221, I knew 20223 was out from these forums, so I pressed *2 and called in, they said I was at the current rev for my area. WHATEVER. Anyways, I don't have EVDO in my area. I went to my parents one weekend, and out of the blue got a Power Vision update automatically while there, and that updated me to 20224. NICE. Didn't have to do squat. My father's phone though who lives in that area, still was at 20223. So I pressed *2 on his and got the update automatically. NICE again!. Anyways, just wanted to give history heh.

When my wife got her phone, she was on 20221, have tried the *2, no automatic update, took to my parents, no power vision update. Well, till we were home during the day etc, couldn't call them. So 20225 came out. I tried on mine first, *2, 3 different times, 1 said you just say PRL Update when it asks, I did and that's how I got here, MORON, anyways, next try, they said only the Sprint Stores do it. Last try, I think said the same as first, to say PRL Update at the prompt. Needless to say, I was pissed by now. Started reading more forums, and saw how someone said to manually do the Power Vision Update, so tried that, still no update, on mine or my wife's. So I had HER call, first try, got xferred to tech support, he flagged hers, and MINE! Heh, called *2 and sure enuf. So the trick is, either use a woman's voice when you call, or have a woman call for you! She did specify right off the bat, that she needed a PRL Update cuz her phone was ALWAYS in roam. Maybe that helped as well.
    I just called *2 and didn't get the automated system. Ended up with a person and asked for the update. She said it would happen within 4 hours. I then hung up and dialed *2 again. The automated system offered me the update and installed it. I'm now at 20225.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Boy, this is frustrating. I'm on 20224 and called 5 times to get my account flagged. Each time, the rep said I'm at the current level. I tell them I'm on 20224 and I'm not at the current level. They still refuse to flag my account. Flagging an account just can't be such a big deal on their end so I can't see why they just can't do that. I also tried the manual method but it failed each time. *2 didn't work either....
    Did your phone come with 20224 from the factory? Mine came with 20221 but my wife's came with 20224. It was very easy for me to upgrade mine.

Haven't tried with my wife's since it just came today. Perhaps 20224 and 20225 are identical, so a factory 20224 could be the same as an upgraded 20225.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Mine came with 20221 and I had it updated before where a rep flagged the account. Can't see why it should be any different this time around. I've not heard that there is any difference between a factory set prl and an updated one however...
    The "sprint reps are morons" track is also a definite possibility. We ordered our phones the friday after T-day and only one was delivered the following tuesday. We called and found that 2 were in the system but the warehouse only sent one phone. So they said they would order another one and when it didn't come by last Friday we called again and found out that it had not been ordered. So they tried again and it finally came today (even though it was promised to be delivered yesterday).
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Boy, this is frustrating. I'm on 20224 and called 5 times to get my account flagged. Each time, the rep said I'm at the current level. I tell them I'm on 20224 and I'm not at the current level. They still refuse to flag my account. Flagging an account just can't be such a big deal on their end so I can't see why they just can't do that. I also tried the manual method but it failed each time. *2 didn't work either....
    You just have to keep trying until you get a non-*****...which incidentally, took me 4 calls. I finally got a guy (Jerry) who knew what I was talking about and in a fraction of the total time spent just trying to explain this to the other idiots, I was at 20225.

And, although I may be high right now, I am experiencing some things that appear to be improvements. But again...it may be my 'magination.

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Ok, after calling a few more times and getting no where fast, I tried a different approach. I called *2 and asked for technical support. I got a rep on the line immediately who knew what I wanted and he flagged my account. I called *2 a few minutes later and the phone updated successfully to PRL 20225. So I think the quick way to avoid all the frustrations I had is to call tech support directly via the *2 menu. So finally I'm a happy camper....
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast