1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a very annoying problem which I'd rather not fix with a hard reset...

I was trying to load a 1GB video file on to an SD card via hotsync. The hotsync was taking an extremely long time (even for 1 GB) so I cancelled it. That itself was taking too long, so I soft reseted. It asked if I wanted to "Update ROM Image?" when I started up. After choosing no, I got stuck with a weird RGB-White test screen with "0.13" at the top. After a bunch of fiddling with the battery, sd card, sound on/off button and reset button, I finally managed to get a proper soft reset.

But now it tries to hotsync on its own every 5 minutes or so. I don't know how to stop it and any help is appreciated.

P.S. I have already learned my lesson - always load very large files on to an SD card via a dedicated card reader.
    I have the same issue, but have never used a SD card with mine.
    I do not have bluetooth on my laptop, but it _sometimes_ seems to
    happen when I take my BT headset out of it's chargers. Other times
    it starts up for no reason just sitting on my desk.

- Knaf
    I have the same problem! And now it's freezing and even though I take the battery our I still get that stupid ROM image thing or the rainbow bars. The treo is also now freezing a lot more and I can't do a hard reset because it just goes to that ROM screen!

Did you guys find any solutions?

Thanks!