1.    #1  
    im using back up man and my treo crashed the other day at work so for the first time i had to use my back up man everything went back ok except . my pictures i never thought about this until now. is there a back up program that will back up everything? I see they mention about java. im not sure if im using anything that uses java but if i am i could care less my photo mean more to me cause i spend so much time on the road away from home and i need them. The pictures where deleted cause i didnt change the hotsync conduits . thanks for sprint on line i was able to get them back.
    SO WHAT BACK UP SHOULD I BE USING?
    you can look at my signature and see whats on my treo
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 09/17/2006 at 05:39 AM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Can't you just store your photo's on the memory card itself?

That's what I do (with my Treo 650), saves valuable space on the device itself.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    NVBackup...it backs up everything...and its free.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=186018
    Photos should be routinely copied to your PC during each hotsync. Mine end up in a folder under My Pictures called Palm One Photos. All of the photo's I ever taken are there, even though they've been deleted from the Treo.
    Yes, I have a feeling that comedytreogirl's pics may still be around somewhere. The two significant things mentioned above are that the pics can (and should?) be saved on the card, and that the pics left on the device are backed up on hotsyncs.
    NVBackup does NOT back up pics.

Until now, resco backup is the only one that will backup pics. When you set up a backup, you need to specify one as RAM and the other as DRIVE. Drive is where the pictures are stored on the Treo. It will be obvious to you where to do this if you start setting up an automated backup.
  7.    #7  
    thank you all for the advise . i was able to get my pictures back from the sprint on line. second when i did the hot sync i didnt change the desk top to over write the handheld and it deleted some of the picture .i will store my pictures on the card from now on .
    i see one person say nvbackup backs up picture and someone else says it doesnt which is true?
    any problems with resco and the treo 700p ? i havae been reading through some threads and is see on their site it doesnt say its works for the 700p
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Resco Backup backs up EVERYTHING. But as someone above said, why not just set your default to when you "click the shutter" the pic is stored on your SD card?
    I have a 700p and recommend both Resco Backup AND Resco Explorer. They seem to run fine for me. The first allows automation of backups but if purchased together, I believe there is a promotional price at Resco. Explorer is one of the most useful and best programs for Palm that I have seen in a long time. At the discounted price, they are giving it away.

Nota bene: I have yet to do a hard reset or a complete restore from either of these. <sheepish grin>
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Resco Backup backs up EVERYTHING. But as someone above said, why not just set your default to when you "click the shutter" the pic is stored on your SD card?
    how do i do that
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    NVBackup does NOT back up pics.

Until now, resco backup is the only one that will backup pics. When you set up a backup, you need to specify one as RAM and the other as DRIVE. Drive is where the pictures are stored on the Treo. It will be obvious to you where to do this if you start setting up an automated backup.
    My mistake...you are correct sir!
    Resco Backup does not backup pictures taken via the camera application that are still in RAM. The only one that does that is Botzam and it has not been updated for the 700p series.

BackupManager does not backup pictures taken via the camera application that are still in RAM. In addition, it does not restore JAVA files.

NVBackup does not backup pictures taken via the camera application that are still in RAM.

I verified the above last week. I am still using Resco Backup due to its options and that it has been updated for the 700p. NVBackup also works very well on the 700p; however it does not have the options I want.

Ben
    NVBackup does restore my pics. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Okay, it did not on mine - that is those pictures you take with the camera application that are stored in the device's main RAM. I will try it again tomorrow.

Ben
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Resco Backup does not backup pictures taken via the camera application that are still in RAM
    I have done many full restores on my T650 using Resco Backup and my pictures that were stored in RAM always come back
    It is a lazy morning here in Paradise. A second day off, though this is only a partial day off. Sitting here backing up the Treo 700p and watching the two babies (6 month old cats) resting from an intense play time of chasing each other and myself through the house.

A picture of one of the sleeping cats has been taken and the Treo will then go through "Hard Reset Surgery", followed by"Hard Reset Recovery". Procedures that we all want no part of...

Prior to the hard reset, I am looking through the backup screen, it shows "Shim Logs" as skipped. When I looked for "Photoxxx" in the file list it is not displayed. So guys and gals, I bet the photo will not there.

The hard reset has been done and we are now restoring from the backup done that "should" contain the photo that it probably does not have. We are at 77% and the cats are active again, stalking each other with abandon. The smaller hiding behind a corner in wait for the larger.

The restore is done and the device has been reset. Palm, Access Powered and again Palm. The reset was successful and now for the news!

The picture taken prior to the hard reset - it is NOT there.

Ben
    OK, I'm checking to see if there is a setting in Resco Backup not to skip pics in RAM, but I believe it's already been asked . . . why would anyone store pics in RAM?
    The storage of pics in RAM is an "I forgot to move it" or something like that disease or impairment or just plain .... We all screw up occasionally.

Within the "Project" option, there is a place for wildcard exclusion. There is no place to ensure a file will be copied.

Ben