Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How long - oh - how long will my (our) ROM update be, how long how for my 700p?
    Come on, come on Great Big V - release the ROM for my P!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    what do you need fixed?
    Oh...maybe do something about the fact that doing a Find on my snazzy 700p takes 5 to 7 times the time it takes on my T3.

Or perhaps fix the fact that on a regular basis screen taps and button pushes get "stuck" and then get processed all at once on a delayed basis thereby screwing up everything I'm doing.

Or how about the dreaded "white screen" where nothing is displayed at all for 2 to 3 seconds at seemingly random times?

Hey, I'm glad to have my Treo but given that I've always used a Palm device to be productive and responsive (even without email in my pocket, pre-Treo) the overal "glueiness" of the interaction with the device is INSANELY frustrating.

And, before you ask, all of this behavior is apparent without 3rd party software installed.

I'm really hoping that this is not the reason why I've never seen a Treo 700p displayed in a Verizon store...or maybe I should be hoping that it is VZW benevolence not wanting to anger/distress more customers...

I don't get resets which is nice. I'd trade a few soft resets for a snappy machine...like my T3.

Be well, all.

David
  4. JJL
    Or how about the fact that the 700P is completely unusable as an mp3 player. I went out and bought a 4GB SD card in expectation of my new toy and I can't even use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJL View Post
    Or how about the fact that the 700P is completely unusable as an mp3 player. I went out and bought a 4GB SD card in expectation of my new toy and I can't even use it!
    i use mine all the time as an mp3 player w/ 4gb card. it still skips once in a while, but saying it is unusable is a bit out there.
    But it isn't what I would expect with the pricetag it carries..wow...ROM update will be welcome.
    Charliec
    dude, shut down radio and close chatter....voila, no skips at all. see how easy that was.....
    crash crash crash crash crash....mms crash...sms crash...answer phone...you guessed it, crash....Other than that it is much nicer than the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
    dude, shut down radio and close chatter....voila, no skips at all. see how easy that was.....
    That would work, but we shouldn't have to resort to that. The older 650 would run chatter, ptunes and still have phone functionality without the skipping. Considering the 700p is an upgrade, it should function better than its older counterpart. Palm appears to have their head up their *** promoting their WM5 phones rather than fixing their latest PalmOS one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well, it certainly is *high time* for Palm to take care of its POS users! I'm feeling neglected!
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
    Try searching next time. It still skips. Database access bug.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to the WX and have none of the problems you mention...and I doubt a ROM update would fix any of the issues you listed.

Seriously though, I support over 200 700p devices and we have seen a lot of issues...most of them stem from POS being 4 years without an update. Our WM5 users are not having these issues (there are other issues, but not as severe...and they are happier these days than my Palm users)

I say all this to point to a decision I made after my denial wore off, I have had 13 Palm devices since my Newton, four of them Treos...the Treo is still great hardware, but the OS sucks. I have not given into M$ as most of you will believe, they just actually the best Treo OS right now. As soon as Palm gets their act together and offers another, better, OS I will be there.

Andy
    Last edited by ahalvor; 09/17/2006 at 02:19 AM.
    Palm has abandoned support for the 700p. They are too focused on the 750v and 700wx Windows platforms. The 700p functions as advertised (unlike the 650 which had a bad NVFS bug!).

We will NOT see a firmware update (to fix the above mentioned problems ;( )

Prove me wrong Palm!
    Last edited by treo_madness; 09/17/2006 at 04:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    im having a problem with my memos crashing my 700, but when i access them from adgendus they come up fine, anyone have that problem/

mt
    ^^ Yeah, Agendus is probably corrupting your memos. Agendus is buggy junk. I know from way too much experience.
    I agree with you. Had to do a hard reset, didn't install Agendus, Lightwav, and Chatter (which I love, just slows down everything due to the database bug). Have about 25 apps running - been two weeks without a crash. Couldn't go more than 6 hours before. Agendus was horribly slow, some of which I attribute to the fact that that they read the entire calendar entry - including all the invitees. Took 10 -20 seconds to load the app. Been using Datebk6 in it's place, which is much snappier.

Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob View Post
    ^^ Yeah, Agendus is probably corrupting your memos. Agendus is buggy junk. I know from way too much experience.
    Palm will not abandon the PalmOS users. They have a monopoly and would be foolish to ignore it. I predict we'll see an update once the v/wx honeymoon period is over and shortly after the 680 is announced, reigniting the POS honeymoon-probably Q1 07.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Justleft - I switched from Agendus to Datebk6 too. I was a 6 year ActionNames/Agendus customer but their software is so buggy and it has just gotten worse the past 2 years. ActionNames was solid.
    Totally agree with you. I also was an Action Names customer from the beginning. Their software just seemed to go downhill over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob View Post
    Justleft - I switched from Agendus to Datebk6 too. I was a 6 year ActionNames/Agendus customer but their software is so buggy and it has just gotten worse the past 2 years. ActionNames was solid.
    I was on a plane yesterday - sent my girlfriend a text message saying "They just told us to turn off our cellphones, goodbye, see you soon!!!" just as the flight attendant came around and told me "Sir you need to turn that off". I agreed, and then tried to turn my phone off. Nada. SMS lockup. Jam. Phone won't shut off or respond to button pushes. Finally pulled the phone out of it's Speck case and pulled the battery out.

That experience made me really proud of my Treo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast