Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I also agree with those of you who have gotten rid of programs that make the Treo 700p unstable. I have seen that my Treo gets bugged down with Zlauncher, but I really like this app. Chatter can be a pain when using PTunes sometimes, but that's about it. For those of you who think that Palm is not coming out with a OS update I guess you haven't been around here for too long. Palm usually comes out with firmware updates after about 4-6 months of a released product. Let's be patient.

Al
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It has been a long time coming. I have so many problems that make the 700p less useful than the 600. Often, buttons don't work to turn it on. Launching blazer takes forever. Switching to Z launcher was quick but lately has decided to invoke the white screen for 5 seconds first. Crashes during calls are routine. It is embarassing when I go to look something up on the internet after talking to someone where we want to know what the answer is to something we're wondering about, and I get a good 15 second stare at a white screen. EVDO is often unavailable, and even when it is, is subject to the same lags as regular vision. So overall, it's only occasionally faster. Because web browsing started so much faster on my 600, it was actually more useful. It's been almost 4 months. Oh, my 600 was almost always connected to vision when I went to use it. My 700 seems to lose the connection all the time.
    I'd be happy if they:

1. Fixed PTunes skipping
    2. Prevented my 700p from coming to a complete crawl when I enter/leave poor reception areas. It's so slow I can't even turn the screen on or off- it literally takes 10 seconds to respond.
    <br>
    ^^ ditto but add BT connection/disconnection issue. That is the killer for me.

So:

- BT connections
    - DB Access bug/slowness (causes Ptunes to skip, long intros into and out of apps etc.)

That is about it I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJL View Post
    Or how about the fact that the 700P is completely unusable as an mp3 player. I went out and bought a 4GB SD card in expectation of my new toy and I can't even use it!
    Really? There must be some config with your device or app that is causing this. I have about 20 apps installed and use pocket tunes v3.1.5 daily for an hour straight each way to work. I don't have chatter email installed, but I use GoodLink for email which has push technology. No issues here, and I prefer it to any ipod or other mp3 player.
  6. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    Really? There must be some config with your device or app that is causing this. I have about 20 apps installed and use pocket tunes v3.1.5 daily for an hour straight each way to work. I don't have chatter email installed, but I use GoodLink for email which has push technology. No issues here, and I prefer it to any ipod or other mp3 player.
    Then you are lucky because both mOcean and PTunes are virtually useless. Not annoying, useless! I refuse to turn off the phone and disbale SEVEN from pushing email just so I can listen to music. The f-ing thing should work the way it is supposed to!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Well, it certainly is *high time* for Palm to take care of its POS users! I'm feeling neglected!
    I know which POS you're referring to, but with the problems my 700p, and 650 before it, have had I sometimes feel we're being treated as well as Palm thinks us "POS users" deserve to be treated.
    Just a few of the reasons I returned my 700p and kept my 650. F'n BULLS**T IMO!
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    I'd be happy if they:
    [...]
    Prevented my 700p from coming to a complete crawl when I enter/leave poor reception areas. It's so slow I can't even turn the screen on or off- it literally takes 10 seconds to respond.

Seems the problem is caused by system switching in weak areas. Switch your 700p to either Home or Roaming networks only - that should resolve your issue.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Seems the problem is caused by system switching in weak areas. Switch your 700p to either Home or Roaming networks only - that should resolve your issue.
    Once again, the user has to make a compromise. Turn off roaming. Turn off chatter. Turn off your phone. Why even have one in the first place? Palm get off your *** and fixk this $hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater View Post
    Just a few of the reasons I returned my 700p and kept my 650. F'n BULLS**T IMO!
    You gotta give Treo users kudos for their eloquence!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12