1.    #1  
    Our company has conference calls that require a passcode to join. These pass codes are normally sent in the meeting invitations. The challenge is how to dial the conference code number and still remember the 8 digit pass code. Usually I have to right it down. I can copy the passcode from the meeting invitation, but can't paste it into the phone application after dialing the call in number. Does anyone know of a way to dial a number and pass another string of numbers automatically? Is there a way to set this up as an address book entry? I am using a Verizon 700P. Any help would be appreciated.
    Set it up as a favorite button. Go to your favorites screen. Hit the options button(to the right of the alt key on keyboard). Choose Record----->Edit Favorite Button. When new screen opens choose TYPE---->Speed Dial. Label---->Name it whatever you want. Number-----> Type in your conference call phone number. Tap MORE in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Enter your passcode hear. Enter the whole passcode including * or # if these are part of the code. Now tap Ok. Your conference call # should now show up in favorites. Select it. When phone dials the number you will see abutton that says EXTRA DIGITS. Once you are connected to the call and you are asked for your code tap EXTRA DIGITS. Your in like flint!!
    Only caveat to this is if your passcode changes you will have to Edit your favorite button as explained above and change your passcode.
    dude, I had the exact same problem . solved with 1 app: 2Day

phone # s are links like blackberry, so all you need to remember is the passcode.

enjoy
  4.    #4  
    WOW! Thanks for that Tip PCStreo. It works great. You have saved me a lot of frustration. Thanks again.
  5.    #5  
    I bought that app a year ago. I took a look at it again and saw that it would translate the phone numbers to links. Also displays the pass code as a link. I'll have to try that after I get off the phone.

Two great suggestions! This has really improved my use of my Treo 700P.

Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
    dude, I had the exact same problem . solved with 1 app: 2Day

phone # s are links like blackberry, so all you need to remember is the passcode.

enjoy
    Last edited by justleft; 09/16/2006 at 08:27 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Just tried 2day for dialing the passcode and it wouldn't work. Seems to think it is a new phone number. The way I was hoping it would work is to first click on the phone number, have it dial, then go back into today and click on the pass code, and have it enter the pass code on the phone call that was in progress. Instead it will initiate a new call. Not sure if there is any way around it. If there is, please let me know. This would give the most flexibility as codes change for every meeting. In the meantime, I will use the favorites button - that is doing the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft View Post
    Just tried 2day for dialing the passcode and it wouldn't work. Seems to think it is a new phone number. The way I was hoping it would work is to first click on the phone number, have it dial, then go back into today and click on the pass code, and have it enter the pass code on the phone call that was in progress. Instead it will initiate a new call. Not sure if there is any way around it. If there is, please let me know. This would give the most flexibility as codes change for every meeting. In the meantime, I will use the favorites button - that is doing the job.
    Hi,

It should work if you use it together with TAKEphONE.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    The favorite is the method we use in my organization.

Andy
  9.    #9  
    Shimon,

Wow, that works wonderfully. Just another reason that I love your apps!

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

It should work if you use it together with TAKEphONE.
  10.    #10  
    I now have the best of both worlds. Falling back in love with my 700P! To think I was considering the WX.

For the repetitive calls I use the favorites button, as things can be done in a few less button presses. But for the myriad of other meetings that I have, all with an 8 digit conf code, I will be using 2day with Takephone. This solution works intuitively and can easily be done with one hand.

These two solutions have really solved an ugly problem for me. For some reason I can never remember all of the different conf calls that I have.

One other advantage that I have discovered with 2day - it suppesses the long invite lists that many of my meetings have. It shows the body of the invite and the location information. Disregards the rest. That is a big plus as I never care about who is invited. Agendus does the same thing, however it has a much larger footprint and really slowed down my 700P. 2day wins hands down for me!

Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    The favorite is the method we use in my organization.

Andy
    how does it work with Takephone? I tried it but it still dialed another call for the pw. is it something in the settings??

shimon, how's it done???
  12.    #12  
    I have done it two ways. First it with the 2day software. I defined TakePhone as the default phone app in 2day. This is done by selecting menu, prefs, helpers, dial - select Takephone from the drop down menu. When I have a meeting with a dialin and conf code, I do the following:

1. From the 2day screen I tap on the meeting
    2. I click on the phone number in the meeting detail window
    3. Now the phone number is dialing
    4. I then launch 2day again
    5. Go to the meeting and click on it - it should be at the right meeting already
    6. Click on the conference code, which opens up a couple of options.
    7. Select the Dial option with the conf code

While this may seem like a number of steps, it is very fast and can all be done one handed.

The second way is using TakePhone and adding a favorite entry for one of the buttons. This is no different from using the standard Palm favorite and selecting 'More Options'. In TakePhone it is a little easier because you can add the pause on the same screen, it is one less step.

The biggest gain for me is using the combination of the two programs. I constantly have changing dial in numbers with unique conference codes.

Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
    how does it work with Takephone? I tried it but it still dialed another call for the pw. is it something in the settings??

shimon, how's it done???