1.    #1  
    Anyone have any information on when the next version of WordSmith may be out? Or what features may be in? The features described on their web page for future releases are:

* Tabs
    * Color support
    * More automated Find/Replace and Replace All
    * Printing support
    (which I think is a relatively new addition)

I've also seen some VC and PalmHQ threads where Blue Nomad support was quoted saying that they were also looking at:

* Bullets/numbering
    * Bookmarks
    * Spell checking

I'm interested in seeing the capability of exporting WS documents to vanilla DOC format (losing the formatting, of course), so I can beam documents I've written in WordSmith to folks who don't have it. This would eliminate the need for a separate DOC converter on the PC side for me.

But admittedly, I wouldn't expect DOC exporting probably doesn't score as high on WordSmith's "top features wanted" poll as the others listed. And it's a great application now.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I agree it's already a great program.

However, as a fellow Seattlite, I'm really just posting to say I wish I'd thought of your signature block. Lately, life here is starting to resemble that old Chinese curse - "May you live in interesting times."
  3.    #3  
    Wow -- got some information rather quickly, both from VC and from Blue Nomad:
    Originally posted by bookrats
    The features described on their web page for future releases are:
    [...]

* Printing support
    (which I think is a relatively new addition)
    Apparently this is available right now from PrintBoy -- see the VisorCentral article regarding this.

I'm interested in seeing the capability of exporting WS documents to vanilla DOC format (losing the formatting, of course), so I can beam documents I've written in WordSmith to folks who don't have it. This would eliminate the need for a separate DOC converter on the PC side for me.
    I had forwarded this request to Blue Nomad's support group re: requested features, and got the following reply:

Thanks. This is very high on our list for the next release (free upgrade)... in the meantime, we would encourage you to beam them WordSmith (they can use the doc viewer portion and enhanced memo pad portion of the program for free forever! and also, get up to 200 editing sessions to try it
    out.)
    Wow! Great news for me. And giving someone else WordSmith is indeed an option (though it could be a hefty job to beam the entire application over). This is a program that just keeps getting better...

PS to VTL: Agreed -- I'm hoping we get a breather for a few weeks. The usual damp, grey weather at least has the appeal of familiarity...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."