Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    A search did not turn up if Pocket DVD Studio which worked great on my 650
    will work on the 700p or do I have to pay for an upgrade?
    Thx
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    yes i still use it, and almost exclusively i might add. The fact of whether or not you have a treo 650 or 700p doesn't matter because media players like TCPMP still works on both of these devices, only the file you are converting, as long as it is in a compatible format( i.e. mpeg, avi etc. ) then you are ok.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I guess I really meant MMplayer as that is the one that goes onto the Treo to play a DVD. I just downloaded fresh and it gave me my registration # by entering my email and clicking a link and it installs the key for prior purchasers. Initially it played DVD's that were saved to a card but would not allow closing of the program. Had to soft reset to leave it. I checked a help forum from a link in their online manual and there is an updated version 1.1.3 and downloaded that one over the first one and now all works fine!

DVD Pocket Studio: I realized after I posted the question that it resides and runs on my laptop not the 700p. Still I was not sure if the converted DVD would properly play on the 700p. I need to try to rip another DVD as I already had several converted movies on that separate card that I mentioned above which play great.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    TCPMP absolutely blows MMPlayer out of the water IMHO.....
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    TCPMP absolutely blows MMPlayer out of the water IMHO.....
    I did not want to have to screw around tweaking programs. I saw that there were free progams available but last year I just figured if I paid for Pocket DVD Studio and Paid for MM player I would be good to go.

MMplayer has worked fine for me. Pocket DVD Studio has been a little quirky at times where you open program and I hear the DVD sound but it won't go beyond the opening screen sometimes when I try to record.

I did notice when I upgraded to the latest versions I have two programs installed. 1. Pocket DVD Studio 4.0 and Pocket DVD Studio for Palm 3.6

Anyone know if I can remove one of them, because this could be the route of my failure to sometimes read the DVD issues. They both look the same when I open one or the other, but maybe having both on the same laptop can cause issues?