1.    #1  
    When I get calls on my treo, it rings, but when I click on answer nothing happens. Completely freezes up (keeps on ringinging); I have to do a soft reset, and thn return the call. Everything else works fine. This is a recent development. The only extra software I use is snapper and ptunes, and I have not changed any of the settings for months.

Tried soft, hard, and hard battery resets, no luck. Called sprint, the tech told me it was probably a hardware problem. He was pretty clueless, though (did not know what a hard battery recess was). The phone was a refurb purchased on ebay, so no dice on returning it.

Anything else I should try?
    Does your T600 work properly when it is plugged in to your charger or in the charger cradle?

If it does, you likely have a dying battery problem or perhaps the battery connector has become partially dislodged?
  3.    #3  
    bingo. so what are my options?
  4.    #4  
    just ordered a battery. too cheap not to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlop212 View Post
    just ordered a battery. too cheap not to try it.
    If that does not work and before you decide that it is dead, and even if you are out of warranty, call your vendor's technical support. Sometimes they can make suggestions that we would not think of. Can also offer remedies not available to us.
    Last edited by whmurray; 09/16/2006 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I was searching, trying to find some mention of this problem, and found this thread- hope someone sees it to reply! I get calls now, and can't answer- doesn't matter if it's touch screen or button. I'm pretty sure the digitizer is ok, as I have no other problems with it, and I believe my battery is good. Have to have the cable "just right" to charge/sync, but once I hit the sweet spot, it's fine. Battery life is still very good. I'm a HEAVY user, and have tons of extra apps/software (nothing new since before this started). Gonna crack the case and see if the connection is loose. I've done the buzz fix (over a year ago) and it's worked well since. It also has started to "delay" from when I press a hard key to when the screen turns on. This started happening at the same time as the answer issue. I really hope someone's got some additional ideas, as I really can't afford to upgrade to a 650 yet.
    If you order the batery, you will need instructions on how to install the battery. Check out www.mytreo.net/treofaq/buzzFix for instructions with photos that will instruct you how to disassemble the phooooone properly.

Also, while you are changing the battery, perform the 'foil wrap' proceedure outlined in the instructions. It stops the 'buzz' that many of us experience with the TREO 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517 View Post
    I was searching, trying to find some mention of this problem, and found this thread- hope someone sees it to reply! I get calls now, and can't answer- doesn't matter if it's touch screen or button. I'm pretty sure the digitizer is ok, as I have no other problems with it, and I believe my battery is good. Have to have the cable "just right" to charge/sync, but once I hit the sweet spot, it's fine. Battery life is still very good. I'm a HEAVY user, and have tons of extra apps/software (nothing new since before this started). Gonna crack the case and see if the connection is loose. I've done the buzz fix (over a year ago) and it's worked well since. It also has started to "delay" from when I press a hard key to when the screen turns on. This started happening at the same time as the answer issue. I really hope someone's got some additional ideas, as I really can't afford to upgrade to a 650 yet.
    You probably have a software conflict problem. I have a similar problem and am resisting the fix: hard reset and carefully re-install the apps.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Still having the answer problem about 50% of the time, and the sound quality has gone straight to hell. Crackles, static, calls dropping completely. I've had to go back to using the house phone, which makes me very unhappy. I think this weekend, I'll bite the bullet and delete/reinstall, but I'm convinced it's a hardware issue since I've had these apps on forever, and prior to the last drop, it was very stable. After I get the 680 (When, Palm, WHEN?!?!?), I'll take it apart like I planned to before, but right now, it's my only option for a phone, and I don't want to risk totally destroying it til I have a new one.
  10.    #10  
    Just wanted to let folks know that I replaced the battery a couple of weeks ago, and the phone works great now. Actually better than ever with the more powerful battery. Found lots of guidance here and on the Internet on how to do the swap, and found it easy to do (and I am pretty ham handed). Mildly irritated that sprint support told me to buy a new phone. This site saved me a lot of money.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hey What battery did you buy, and how was the life on your old one? My battery is still holding a charge very well. Battery life is excellent, but I wonder if it could somehow be related?
  12.    #12  
    just one of the generic batteries on ebay. I just searched for treo 600 battery and got an inexpensive high powered one with a screwdriver for the case included.. Big difference in battery life. Worth doing even if your phone works fine.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    How was the life on the old battery- the one you replaced? My "concern" is because my current battery is in great shape.
  14.    #14  
    my old battery was showing its age IIRC. the tipoff of a battery problem was that I the problems described at the beginning of the thread went away if my phone was connected to the charger when the phone rang.