Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I cannot find a solution so I have a question. My 700p sprint phone, powers off the sprint network while in my pocket. I use the keygaurd, however I notice that holding the power button down, like which sometimes happens while in my pocket, even with keygaurd on, will power down the network. This never happen with the 650. I assume it is as a result of the shuffling of the buttons. I have treoguard and butler, however, none can resolve the problem. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Boy not a single reply. Is anyone else having the same problem as me sometimes empathy is healing enough.
    Don't have a good suggestion since this never happens to me. I guess never get squeezed hard enough long enough to cause this. Sorry.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have experienced the radio shutting off seemingly for no reason. I've also seen this happen when leave the phone laying on a table or something without anything to hold the power button inadvertantly. Have you done a ##377# (for sprint not sure of v's) to see if the phone has inadvertantly rebooted?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog View Post
    I have experienced the radio shutting off seemingly for no reason. I've also seen this happen when leave the phone laying on a table or something without anything to hold the power button inadvertantly. Have you done a ##377# (for sprint not sure of v's) to see if the phone has inadvertantly rebooted?
    Nope no system reset, just the radio shutting down.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Are you sure you're using the built-in Palm keyguard? I have this problem, but I am using Butler (and the Butler keyguard). This is a known issue with the Butler keyguard, but so far it has not been resolved.

When I tested with the built-in keyguard I could not shutdown the phone when the keyguard was enabled.
    I tried holding down the power button on my 700p using the built in keyguard. It never did power off, so I am not sure what to tell you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I had that problem and the EVDO speed was half of what it should be. I have since got a replacement phone and both those things are so far not a problem for me.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I guess you were all right. I was using the butler keyguard, not the palm one. The palm one does not have that problem. Thank you all.