Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I use Act 6.0. One needs to use Act Link 2.0 to hotasync the program with the 700p.

Anyone using this combo? Act tech support tells me Act link 2.0 won't work with the 700p, but their latest software 2006 and 2007 of course for the cost of the upgrade will do hotsyncing with th e700p.

Trying to find someone out here that maybe is using Act link 2.O with their 700p?
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    The ACT link is so so. I use Companionlink and it is great. www.companionlink.com
    I have a similar issue and posted a message yesterday providing more detail.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...37#post1085437

One question with CompanionLink – will it allow you to link contacts to activities on Agendus? This was a nice feature with Act! for Palm Link 2.0.

Thanks.

Maury
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    My office only offers Act 6.0 which I installed several weeks ago. We don't have outlook only lotus notes.

Act 6.0 comes with Act Link for Palm OS. It also comes with Act for Palm which I installed on my 700p and it caused so many resets so I took it off. Act Link 2.0 is supposed to allow hotsyncing to a Palm device. But it would not work with the 700p, it will work with the 650tech support told me.

I found out that they They are forcing you to upgrade to Act 2006 or 2007 to use the 700p. This is a total ripoff IMO.

Act software has already been sold to several different companies, Symantec (I think), then Best software and now is owned by Sage software.
    If you do a search on Amazon.com for Act 2006 like I did and scroll down to the user reviews most are 1 star rated and there are over 50 reviews that say stay away from Act 2006! It's known to slow down many computers and has been very problematic. This is why my firms tech support said they wouldn't upgrade until these issues are resolved. Act 2007 is now shipping but I would hold off on shelling out money for 2007 as they never got 2006 right.

I called Act tech support and they said to allow hotsynching with the 700 one needs 2006 or 2007.

Another poster at another site also verified this.

But the poster who posted the link above might have the solution. This Companion software for $79 says it will work. I'm going to call them on Thurs and see if they have tested it with the 700p. If so I'll buy it and report back.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Another poster pointed me to Companionlink.com (thx poster) They have two versions $49 and $79. The $79 version allows you more options plus syncing with Google calendar.
    It works great now with my Act 6.0 and the Treo 700p. Good free customer support too.

This solves the hotsync issue without having to use Act Link 2.0 which does not work without upgrading Act to 2006 or 2007 versions.

I'd rather give the money to Companionlink and screw Act and their forced upgrades. Funny how Companionlink can make a conduit sync program that works with all Act versions and handhelds but Act trys to force you to upgrade each time you change phones even after you shell out big bucks for their program.
    Expidia,

Were you able to get contact-tagging to work with CompanionLink? Specifically, I am seeking the ability to hit one button on a contact and see all activities and notes tied to them. The Act! Link conduits allow for this. I downloaded the CompanionLink evaluation software and it did not work for me. Everything else seemed to work the same for me.

Maury
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I use it at my office. Today I was working on an issue of it not hotsyncing correctly. My problem is since I'm using different programs: Cardscan Act 6.0 and the Treo 700p. What I'm running into each program saves info in a little different format so when I hotsync I'm getting some duplicate records because some programs save jones, Paul and other save as Paul Jones, Some ph # have dashes, some don't so each time I sync i'm getting xtra records which I then have to run the find duplicates in card scan and re-sync.
    I'm going to have to call the help desk again but I have not figured out which programs help desk to call! Now my Act shows ph # missing on the contact page but they are still there if I run and view all in the ph # report list.

I might just delete all databases and start from scratch from the Treo's database because that's the only one that's correct right now and I have it backed up on the SD card.

I'll check on your issue, but I don't know if I'll be in the office on Fri. Prob won't be till Mon! You could always call Companionlink and ask their tech support. They seem to be very familiar with various Act versions.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I realized I overwrote my Treo database into an Act copy on my laptop last night for a Backup copy. I just checked and my phone Numbers are there, but there are no notes! I'll have to call support to see why so I can't answer your question with what I have on this laptop.
    Last edited by Expidia; 10/07/2006 at 08:37 AM.
    Thanks for your help, Expidia. I am currently using Act!-Outlook Synchronizer to synch my Act! records to Outlook. I then use the native Outlook conduits to synch to the 700p, and view the database via Agendus for Palm. It works well enough for me, but I definitely miss the contact-tagging feature that I was accustomed to when I used to synch directly from Act! 6.0 to my old Palm.