Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Good day all,

As all of the US carriers move to 3g service and undated high speed data services does anyone expect an antenna-less TREO for SPRINT???.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Not that I know of, I think that's it for Sprint Treo's(700p & 700wx) until next year's upgrade. Anyone else have secrets, they want to share ?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    treoantenna.com may be the closest you get for a while. In the mytreo.net interview, the Palm rep said that "US customers don't mind the antenna - some even like it". Could have been a smoe screen, but it's possible we're not going antennaless for a while.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Have you seen this yet?
    http://www.treoantenna.com/shop/
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Cool! Is anyone using this on a 700p?
    Not bad, thanks for the info...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It's not ready yet, they are discussing it in another forum. The creator of the product is a member here.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks a million, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    For some reasons I think it looks like someone's d**k being chopped off.

I'm sorry if I've offended someone here but I can't resist.

It's all personal taste anyway. :-)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post

Are they going to call it the "John Wayne Bobbitt Antenna"????

Ken

LOL...stumpy
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

What you mean is "circumcised"
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I wonder what the potential health issues of using a stub antenna even closer to your head than the one supplied which is already very short.

Of course the best way is with a "wireless" bluetooth headset especially for high minute users. But since that is not always feasible . . .

One thing that worries me is that the vendor will certify it's use at some point with the 700. But who will certify it's use for future health hazards of transmitting microwaves even closer to your head?

I don't want to be known to my grand kids someday as "my grandfather" you know that guy with the "Third Ear"! Or "Ya Chuck was always a great guy . . too bad that brain tumor took him so young"!

Not trying to be too morbid here, but it's something to think about before jumping on a new accessory that will be "certified" by the guy who is selling it to you
    Last edited by Expidia; 09/17/2006 at 07:56 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Good day all,

As all of the US carriers move to 3g service and undated high speed data services does anyone expect an antenna-less TREO for SPRINT???.

Take care,

Jay
    Good design is harder than it looks.

The Treo product line is fragmenting as designers struggle with constraints. There seems to be little pattern in how this is happening. That is to say, there is no governing design philosophy. Consistency is disappearing. New models have different screen resolutions, batteries, and other features.

Rumors abound and speculation overwhelms fact. No one can tell you very much and you cannot believe anything that is not being delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    Of course the best way is with a headphone especially for high minute users. But since that is not always feasible . . .
    I understand a wired headset channels the radio waves straight to your head, so is even worse than just using the phone to your ear.

Official: Hands-free kit will fry your brainSorry, that was meant to say won't. Wasn't it?
    By Kieren McCarthy → More by this author
    Published Thursday 2nd November 2000 18:22 GMT
    Free whitepaper - SafeNet Metro Ethernet Executive Brief
    Here we go again. The Consumers Association, annoyed at having its findings dismissed last time by the government, has done another series of tests on mobile hands-free kit and found again that it actually increases the radiation to your brain.

The idea is that the wire acts as an aerial and induces more radiation from the phone zoom straight into your jellified head. The physics is sound, but does it happen? Yes, said CA in July. No, said the DTI in August.

Meanwhile, we found a man that explained it was all in the testing. Basically we're talking specific absorption rates. Some phones have peaks at various frequencies but if you wanted to, say, make the peak smaller, you would average out the SAR level over a wide range of frequencies. You follow?

Anyway, there's more controversy here. The CA has done its new report and said that, yes, hands-free kit can increase the amount of radiation. It has also said why it thinks tests by Australian scientists are a little dodgy. Apparently, in those tests, the hands-free wire was not allowed to hang down straight (a fairly realistic scenario it must be said). As we're talking induction here, a straight wire would be far more likely to give higher radiation results. Hmmm.

The DTI said it has problems with CA's methodology.

Well we have problems with all of them. If mobiles were dangerous, would the DTI really tell us? Note that mobile phone companies make a lot of money and are quite important to the economy. Equally, wouldn't the CA release the worst radiation results? I mean, if they're measured, then they're there aren't they?

We would like to see people stop arguing amongst themselves and arrive at a good, solid, universal test. Then we can begin work on how dangerous they really are in practical terms and what we do about it. Call us crazy.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/11..._kit_will_fry/

Surur
    All you have to do is wrap aluminum foil around your head to block out the radiation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../radiation.jpg
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    What you mean is "circumcised"
    I hope you're not a doctor!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I hope you're not a doctor!
    I hope he is not a mohel.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I understand a wired headset channels the radio waves straight to your head, so is even worse than just using the phone to your ear.
    Urban legend. Most of the RF radiation comes from the phones transmissions. The transmissions come off the antenna not anything connected to the phone. There is a tiny amount of RF that is created by the power supply of the phone. That would follow the wired headset to try to find ground. That amount is at least 100 times less than the transmitting RF.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Urban legend. Most of the RF radiation comes from the phones transmissions. The transmissions come off the antenna not anything connected to the phone. There is a tiny amount of RF that is created by the power supply of the phone. That would follow the wired headset to try to find ground. That amount is at least 100 times less than the transmitting RF.
    I suspected the same. Got a link?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast