1.    #1  
    I can't wait for this headset to come out. It will be interesting to see how well it works using the bone conduction technology. I know they had a wired version that got pretty good reviews. Check it out here http://www.nextlink.dk/Templates/Art...4-f8b7e9a35921 also the smaller G5 looks pretty good. I think that Nextlink is making some great progress by using a nationwide distributor like Radio Shack, hopefully there product lives up to what is advertised.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Wow, Could this be a record for digging out old posts? It looks like the Invisio Q7 will be available next week. As a former jawbone user, I just might jump at this one. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I called the US number (Southlake, Texas) and left 5 voicemail messages in 5 days. After not getting a return call I emailed corporate and told them that nobody was answering the phones in the US. Within 24 hours I received a phone call from the US sales rep, and then an email from corporate asking if I received the phone call.
    Long story short, you can pre-order and receive the Q7 within a week. I will post a review once I have it and try it out for a few days. As for US operations, my theory is they are just getting started and they may not be paying attention to their voicemails and their offices may not even be occupied. I am very critical of bluetooth headsets as I'm sure you may have read from other reviews. Unless this headset is worth the $199 (price includes 2 day shipping) I will be sticking with my trusty Voyager 510 and returning it.

Stay tuned.......
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    just put in order too. such little will power
    Cool, greenlion. I'm looking forward to your review.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    MobileCity online is showing a shipping date of 2/25/08 with a pre-order price of $139. As many times as Invisio has promised this headset, I hope they don't delay it anymore. My confidence level of hitting this date is at about 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    MobileCity online is showing a shipping date of 2/25/08 with a pre-order price of $139. As many times as Invisio has promised this headset, I hope they don't delay it anymore. My confidence level of hitting this date is at about 50%.
    You do know that they're already out, yes? They began shipping earlier this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    You do know that they're already out, yes? They began shipping earlier this week.
    Are there/will there be any retail shops carrying them? I heard a year ago that Radio Shack was going to. I hate to order anything like this because you end up paying shipping twice if you decide to send it back.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I just received mine and I am trying it out. so far people are saying it is very tinny in sound, and I left myself voicemail switching from my wired plantronics to the Invisio and it's not good at all. I am going to call Nextlink Tech support to see if there is something I am doing wrong. In terms of comfort, it is an extremely light-weight and comfortable headset.....Stay tuned for more.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    My phone is a Treo 750 which has no issues with Bluetooth devices. I called a few people and they didnít recognize my voice. They said it sounded too bizarre like it wasnít me, almost like a computer generated voice or like I am talking in a tin-tunnel. This headset is going back. I guess there are just not any really good Bluetooth headsets; it seems that every BT headset I have tried there is some sort of compromise with sound. There are lots of wired headsets that have no sound quality issues except that they are WIRED. I will just use my Plantronics MX500 corded for most environments where I can live without wireless and use the Plantronics Voyager 510 when I need Bluetooth. As itís been said here many times itís very disappointing that all Bluetooth headsets are flawed in some way. It makes you wonder if having Bluetooth technology is even worth it. There was such a big push for it and itís been very disappointing at least for the wireless headset market.
    I have attached a wave file from a voicemail that I left myself comparing the Invisio and the Wired Plantronics to show the difference in sounds quality.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mmereos; 02/21/2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Darn It - Foiled again!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    The Q7 is getting some fairly positive reviews at howardforums.com. Someone has also posted some links so you can listen to an actual call.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    The Q7 is getting some fairly positive reviews at howardforums.com. Someone has also posted some links so you can listen to an actual call.
    I posted my review there just now. I also loved it when I first opened up the box and called my first person, but the person I called was in Europe and we didn't have the best connection. The other people I called here were very annoyed by how I sounded. A few people on Howard forums also commented on how the sample that the favorable reviewer posted sounded a bit Tinny also. For $200 for this headset it's definitely not worth the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I posted my review there just now. I also loved it when I first opened up the box and called my first person, but the person I called was in Europe and we didn't have the best connection. The other people I called here were very annoyed by how I sounded. A few people on Howard forums also commented on how the sample that the favorable reviewer posted sounded a bit Tinny also. For $200 for this headset it's definitely not worth the price.
    Well then,,,,when's the new one from Blueant coming out?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Mobilecityonline has it for $139.00. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens.