Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon 700p, which means that VZW, and only VZW, is providing my voice service. I also have the option of adding a data plan, which, if I am not mistaken, VZW charges a lot for. Am I locked into VZW's data plan or can I 'shop around' and choose a lower cost provider for the data part of my phone?
    Is there any way to convert the phone, like reformatting a computer and installing a different OS? Or is the phone always going to work only with VZW?
    Thanks!
    I pretty darned sure you are stuck with Verizon but, in this industry, you never know what is going to become possible, or what you may have missed.

Good Luck!
    you are stuck - the phone is built for the specific carriers network and that includes data.
    If you're within the 14 day period, I would consider porting your number over to Sprint and trying their 700p. The data plan savings is substantial ($15/month versus $40/mo for Verizon).
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750