1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking for an app that will completely silence/kill vibration my phone. I'm back in class, and I like to keep my phone on my desk so I can quickly use PIM (and completely zone out and text).... but the vibration is a bit too loud to leave on the table. Is there a program out there that I can press a button, switch a profile or something, and it kills ALL vibration (chatter, butler, messages, etc)?

I've tried RingProfiles, it didn't quite cut it... figured id ask before i tried 20 other ones.

Thank ya kindly.
    You want some kind of profile that will turn off vibrations entirely and not what is available in Prefs/Sound and Alerts right?
    There is Profiles - it might do the trick. Ben
    just use your finger
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You want some kind of profile that will turn off vibrations entirely and not what is available in Prefs/Sound and Alerts right?
    Exactly... ill check profiles
  6.    #6  
    Ugh... tried Profiles (not nearly what I wanted), ProfileCare (Close, but still not quite it)

Anyone else got a recommendation... I just wanna hit a button, load a program, or flip something or other, that will give me NO VIBRATION WHATSOEVER.... oddly enough, this seems pretty tough to do :>
    I use Profiles to setup silent mode when I'm in a meeting - no sound no vibrate. So I'm not sure what you mean by it being hard to do. When I schedule a meeting in my calendar, Profiles actually switches to silent mode during my meeting time slot automatically. Or I could manually trigger silent mode by selecting it in the profile popup when holding down option key. That my friend is what a smartphone should do.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I use Profiles to setup silent mode when I'm in a meeting - no sound no vibrate. So I'm not sure what you mean by it being hard to do. When I schedule a meeting in my calendar, Profiles actually switches to silent mode during my meeting time slot automatically. Or I could manually trigger silent mode by selecting it in the profile popup when holding down option key. That my friend is what a smartphone should do.
    But does that only relate to Palm integrated apps? I thought I had a "silent mode" profile set up fairly well, but Chatter emails would still send it nuts, and a butler alarm broke through too.... Is there a built int silent mode, or do i just need to make chatter not vibrate, and deal with what i got?
    Sorry, I don't use chatter nor butler. It seems the latest Profiles version (1.02t - not perfect yet for the 700P IMO) does not integrate well with apps that have their own alerts database. I got it to work with all my apps though since I don't have hacks or anything fancy.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    you should make a SILENT ringtone. that should do it.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    What programs do you run? I tried profile care, set mute on, set vibrate to off when mute switch enabled, and most of my programs still snuck through... You got any success?