Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Toysoft Releases New SIP VoIP Client

Posted By: Ryan on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:14:58 AM Voice Over Your Palm (abbreviated as VOYP) is a new Palm OS communications application that uses voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) technology for free and low cost Internet calls using your compatible Palm handheld. VOYP is a standard compliant SIP client, which allows you to use your own VoIP provider to make calls from your Palm handheld.

Voice Over Your Palm also features a choice of codecs like G.711 and GSM 6.10 allowing you to select the best one that suits your bandwidth. VOYP is also compatible with other applications like TAKEphONE allowing you to dial a selected number directly using VOYP.
    Features:
    • Supports wide range of network connections including WiFi, Bluetooth, EVDO and GPRS
    • Standards compliant SIP client
    • Supports many VOIP service providers like Vonage, FreeWorldDialup (FWD), IPTel and many more. (See configuration details for popular free and premium VoIP service providers)
    The program supports the Treo 650/700p, Tungsten T3, LifeDrive and Zire 72. The Tungsten E2, T5 and Palm TX will work with an external microphone adapter. VOYP comes with a 14-day free trial, after which is costs $34.95 USD to register.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Forgive me, but *smirk* at using your phone to access the internet to use your phone.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    hey ekeith. I have a cisco 7960 office phone which is running sip service. can I program this same sip service into your voyp client??
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    Forgive me, but *smirk* at using your phone to access the internet to use your phone.
    I do business with China and am frequently travelling. VoIP rates are better than roaming and/or long distance calls. Don't you agree?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    hey ekeith. I have a cisco 7960 office phone which is running sip service. can I program this same sip service into your voyp client??
    First, it's not MY software! I just saw the info and re-posted for anyone interested here. I haven't even tried it as yet. My GPRS/EDGE bandwidth isn't very consistent.

Next, I would think it possible to configure the client with your existing SIP service. Just give it a try and let us know...
    Here is another product that looked very interesting:

http://www.hamptonsoftware.co.uk/articulation/
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    yeah the problem is it doens't support multiple lines, transferring etc like typical pbx system. so no go for me...
    Hi,

If anyone would like to test VOYP's interface with TAKEphONE - get the latest beta at www.shsh.com/beta

You need to set VOYP as the "Dial using" device in TAKEphONE's "Telephony" preferences page.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    ls this big news or what? Why wasn't I informed?
    This review on VOYP is good - http://tamspalm.tamoggemon.com/2006/...for-palm-voip/

as the article reads - I would like VOYP better than the Articulation as for the features goes. I tried it on LD works good.

@treoneo: I think you can use any voip service unless it provides softphone access and you know the configuration of servers - I think your voip provier can help at this. Because on Vonage hardphone - you need to request Vonage support to enable softphone support for your number to use it with VOYP.

Mantragroup's mobivoip was a real $*it that they took our money and withdrew the service abruptly and no refund or notification provided. Their support became more horrible on this.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nice link Dollars!
    Guys now this VOYP comes for $10 discount at http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodID=125678

I think it is a better deal than the $29.99 from Http://www.palmvoip.ca

Good luck guys - I use this on my Treo 650 over bluetooth - works cool - my service provider for GPRS doesnot support voip

On my LD it works on WiFi real cool

- $5
    Thanks Dollars. Has anyone used this on the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Thanks Dollars. Has anyone used this on the 700p?
    I just got my 700p yesterday. I am going to attemp to get VOYP and my offices trixbox working. I tried articulation and had issues with 1 way voice.

I will give an update when I try it. If it works I will buy it.

BTW - My EVDO pings have been in the 130-140ms range. SWEET!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I just got my 700p yesterday. I am going to attemp to get VOYP and my offices trixbox working. I tried articulation and had issues with 1 way voice.

I will give an update when I try it. If it works I will buy it.

BTW - My EVDO pings have been in the 130-140ms range. SWEET!
    Minowireless is also very good, I have been using it for months and it is very reliable. There is a thread here if you search for Mino or Minowireless in case you want to look into it. There is an advantage that when you are at home you can use it to dial a call and have it connect to your regular phone (or any regular phone number).
    Please keep us updated on this VOIP phone. Currently I'm paying 20 cents a minute for my phone calls. The internet phone would be great for me, but I don't want to use it if it becomes a big hassle.

Ken