1.    #1  
    Can someone Post the instructions on installing a unbranded ROM firmware to a Cingular branded firmware Treo 650???Thanks
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Now this may sound kinda dumb, but it is my experience that messing around with the lower level functions of a 650 can really mess it up if you don't do it exactly right. I just want to make absolutely sure I got it here. If anyone could tell me one way or the other I would really appreciate it.

the instructions say:

"Extract this to root of SD card (IE: e:\PALM) If a Palm folder exists rename it or remove it."

I take this to mean:

1.) Get an SD card, preferably blank but in any case containing no file named "palm"

2.) Mount it as a device on your computer (via slot usb dongle adapter or whatnot)

3.) In the unzip software select the destination of the extracted file to be the SD card

I also take this to mean that no other treo 650 preparations are necessary other than unlocking the phone, having the 1b.17 update, and the ones mentioned specifically in the instructions, (i.e. backing up the phone, plugging it in, turning it on and then inserting the card while it is running).
    No token changing or any of the other stuff occasionally mentioned surrounding this issue.

Could anyone confirm if this is correct?

If not what specifically is in error please?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Unlocking the phone isn't necessary. The reason the SD card method is used is that the normal firmware installers check to see that the old version is of the same "branding". You can (and I have) run unbranded firmware on a locked phone - no problem.
    bombastinato

in the archive there is a folder structure. when unzipped you will have a Palm folder with sub folders and files. copy the Palm folder to the root of a blank SD. if no blank SD rename the current palm foler to palm.tmp then copy new palm folder over. when done delete Palm folder and rename palm.tmp back to palm.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS