1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend a palm software program that will allow me to create flash cards which incorporate text and possibly graphics as a learning tool?

thanks
    I use Vocabulary Cards for palm. It's freeware, and Guenther is ver responsive if you ask him questions.

No graphics, but you can make your own cards.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/educatio...arycards.shtml

Have fun,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I don't know if you would quite consider it flash cards but I love JTutor. I don't think it was free but it has been a great learning tool for me!

Alicia
    very interesting... I may give jtutor a try... but it hasn't been update in a while ... and what do they mean by "By a simple drag and drop operation, any question/answer text file can be converted easily into a .pdb file suitable for usage in JTutor (currently only DOS and Win95 converters are available,"

??? most user are on 2000 or XP.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    If you use a Mac this one is brilliant

StudyCard

--having been forced to not use a Mac in recent years, I spent a lot of time trying to find something half-near as good for the PC, with no luck. I'll keep an eye on this thread for ones I might have missed. Its rather bizarre how primitive the apps are in what one would imagine is a high-demand area (and one where a PDA really shines).

StudyCard does let you insert graphics as well.

good luck.
    I am not sure but I feel embarrased. I went to a freeware site from this site this morning and they have one called QuizWhiz that works almost exactly like JTutor and its free and you can import your quizzes from a memo file. I had contacted the authors of JTutor and asked for that feature and was told they were waiting to see if Palm OS continued.

They also had one called Quizzler that allowed pictures for free!

So Sorry!
    Alicia
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk View Post
    I use Vocabulary Cards for palm. It's freeware, and Guenther is ver responsive if you ask him questions.

No graphics, but you can make your own cards.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/educatio...arycards.shtml

Have fun,
    ChickenHawk
    I'm trying to learn a few words in a few different languages like hello, goodbye, thankyou etc. This looks perfect. Thanks!
    hey Camarodreamer don't be embarrase, because your founding will help others in CT. I say THANK YOU! I'll probably test out the app this weekend.

I think quizzler change their pricing?? http://www.quizzlerpro.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by camarodreamer View Post
    I am not sure but I feel embarrased. I went to a freeware site from this site this morning and they have one called QuizWhiz that works almost exactly like JTutor and its free and you can import your quizzes from a memo file. I had contacted the authors of JTutor and asked for that feature and was told they were waiting to see if Palm OS continued.

So Sorry!
    Alicia
    Last edited by justdoit2; 09/14/2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: quizzler
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    hey Camarodreamer don't be embarrase, because your founding will help others in CT. I say THANK YOU! I'll probably test out the app this weekend.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    MeisterMerker...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by camarodreamer View Post

So Sorry!
    Alicia
    Hi Alicia!
    I really liked QuizWiz and found a set for it on the website for Italian and French. These are really great! Haven't had a chance to try Quizzler yet...