Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    Just had a very scary corrupted file episode with backup buddy. Its time to find a more reliable backup prc with scheduled backups and backup "sets".

    Please help.
    it got to the point where I resigned myself to "starting over fresh". That's how bad it got.

    sys info 650 sprint, DA, kmaps, splashmoney, ptunes etc...

    was able to restore finally but it was just to close for comfort.

    Thanks in advance
  2. #2  
    NVBackup works without any problem for me (and it is free...).
  3. #3  
    another thumbs up for NVBackup.
  4. #4  
    NVBackup
  5. #5  
    With so many NVBackup fans I think I'll just forget about recommending Resco Backup or Resco Explorer.
  6. #6  
    Resco Backup and BackupManager are the two big guys on the block. I have licenses for both and because BackupManager does not restore Java files, I now exclusively use Resco Backup. Ben
  7. #7  
    BackupMan!
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  8. #8  
    Right Backup 2 has never done me wrong, and has the great feature of letting you backup individual apps, and restore individual apps in the case of corruption. It doesn't restore JAVA properly, unfortunately.
  9. #9  
    I'm a "BackupMan" man.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  10. #10  
    I use both NVBackup and Resco Backup. I like NVBackup for it's reliability and because the developer is available via other forums, I have watched the progess of the program for months now.
    I also use Resco backup only because it will back up the pictures from the 700p, if you set it to backup "Drive" volume. If NVBacup did this, I would get rid of resco.
  11. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #11  
    RescoBackup for me...

    I love the fact that I have RELIABLE snapshots taken at 5AM every morning
  12. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #12  
    I use Botzam Backup 2.12 it also will back up Java files but there is something else, that no one ever comments on, is that Botzam Backup is the only Backup utility on the market that backs up photos on your Treo.
    The other back-up apps do not(don't believe me, try it) and if you really think about it, some photos like kid pictures,or special moments might be the most important data on your device...

    http://www.botzam.com/
  13. #13  
    I hate to bust any bubbles here, but Resco Backup does backup and restore jpg files in main memory. I have a background jpg file I use with ZLauncher and did a hard reset then restore and the file is right there. So we may have some back information there.

    Ben
  14. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I hate to bust any bubbles here, but Resco Backup does backup and restore jpg files in main memory. I have a background jpg file I use with ZLauncher and did a hard reset then restore and the file is right there. So we may have some back information there.

    Ben
    I'm talking about pictures/videos taken with the Treo's camera. As far as I know of, no other back-up apps restore these files. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
  15. #15  
    Ok, I just took a picture, made sure it is in RAM, backed up with Resco Backup, executed a hard reset, restored from that backup, executed a soft reset and you are correct! Now to see if Botzam does a complete backup.

    Ben
  16. #16  
    I just took a look at their website and there is no indication the utility has been updated for the 700p and that is a concern, as big a concern as backing up pictures and videos in main memory. I did send an email to their support.

    In my situation, I have defined folders on the SD card and am in the habit of choosing one of them. Thanks for the update. Ben
  17. #17  
    I started with BackupBuddy back in my Visor Prism days, then when I got my first Palm OS5 device (Sony TH55) and BUB didn't support OS5 (not of almost a year after OS5 came out) I abandoned it in lieu of BackupMan.

    Then I got tired of having to reconfigure ClieSkinner after doing a restore and tried Resco Backup. It worked perfectly when doing a restore . . . just run restore, reset and you're right back where you want to be!!!!

    I immediately bought Resco Backup and it is the best backup app hands down! Works perfectly on my treo 700p that I've had all of about three weeks now!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    I started with BackupBuddy back in my Visor Prism days, then when I got my first Palm OS5 device (Sony TH55) and BUB didn't support OS5 (not of almost a year after OS5 came out) I abandoned it in lieu of BackupMan.

    Then I got tired of having to reconfigure ClieSkinner after doing a restore and tried Resco Backup. It worked perfectly when doing a restore . . . just run restore, reset and you're right back where you want to be!!!!

    I immediately bought Resco Backup and it is the best backup app hands down! Works perfectly on my treo 700p that I've had all of about three weeks now!
    Thanks for the confirmation. I have Resco Backup too but have not seen it do an actual restore yet. It seems to be backing up just fine though...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    With so many NVBackup fans I think I'll just forget about recommending Resco Backup or Resco Explorer.
    Hey, I use resco and have no problems with it. Resco
    at&t iPhone3G
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I'm talking about pictures/videos taken with the Treo's camera. As far as I know of, no other back-up apps restore these files. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I believe you are correct. I still like NVBackup though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions