Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have Chatter and dotMac right now and I love it. Its been a great app and the developer is a really nice, responsive guy.

BTW, I have been requesting "push" IMAP support from dotMac for a while now. I tried to start a thread on their discussion boards but they keep deleting it. So, anybody that wants to see dotMac implement the IDLE command - please request it through their feature request page here.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/mac/tm.html
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macguitar View Post
    Push is better than automatically checking every X minutes, because it saves battery life. That's the "big deal" and why people like/want push.
    I have Chatter with an IMAP account the server DOES support IDLE and that's originally why I signed up for the IMAP account. But changed my Chatter settings to sync every 60 minutes and my server has a filter set up such that when an important message arrives, it sends an SMS message. Chatter sees the SMS message and does a sync at that time. I did this because my battery life was ridiculously low and most of my phone calls were being sent directly to voice mail because my data connection was active so often.

Now I charge my Treo every night and that's it. It's been off the charger since 7am today (it's now midnight--I guess that means it's been off the charger since 7am YESTERDAY) and my battery is at 70%.
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    Sounds like a great optimization, but I doubt .Mac supports this - how do you setup the SMS to be sent when a message arrives? Which IMAP account did you sign up for that has this function?
    If you have problem with your voice going to voice mail, you can do the following (work for me)
    1. In the Network setting, there is preference set that allow you to pause the data connection and let the voice thru. Search this forum for info on how to. (Sorry, I don't remember the exact setup)
    2. in Chatter, you can choose the option for Efficient Sync in Preferences which will allow you to get more of your phone call.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by doni49 View Post
    I have Chatter with an IMAP account the server DOES support IDLE and that's originally why I signed up for the IMAP account. But changed my Chatter settings to sync every 60 minutes and my server has a filter set up such that when an important message arrives, it sends an SMS message. Chatter sees the SMS message and does a sync at that time. I did this because my battery life was ridiculously low and most of my phone calls were being sent directly to voice mail because my data connection was active so often.

Now I charge my Treo every night and that's it. It's been off the charger since 7am today (it's now midnight--I guess that means it's been off the charger since 7am YESTERDAY) and my battery is at 70%.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12