1.    #1  
    I got his & hers Treo 700p's and wondering if we can both use it to sync with Palm Desktop? my contacts, info, etc is different from my wife's; so I wonder if we can create a 2nd Palm Desktop to sync to her Treo info, using the same PC? thanks for any hints
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If you use Windows XP, you can have separate users. Go into ControlPanel/Users and create a user for your spouse. Once there install Palm Desktop and sync one Palm with each user.
    Easiest workaround.
    OSX also has the ability to have separate users.
    If you use two separate user names, your information should appear separately on the Palm Desktop. You should be able to switch between accounts using the Tools/Users menu. I say should because I personally have not done this.
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys...I shall give it a try
    The answer in number three is correct. I do this routinely with my Treos, 600, 650, 700p and 700w. I just gotta get rid of one of them. Ben
    Hello Barakan,

This is Kevin from Palm. Iíll also confirm that Palm Desktop was designed to allow two or more devices to synchronize with one PC. The key is that each device has a different user name so that the user data for each device is kept separately. Thereís a bit more on this in the Palm Knowledge Library article Synchronize with multiple handhelds or with multiple desktop computers.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels View Post
    Hello Barakan,

This is Kevin from Palm. ..
    Hello, it is good to see someone from Palm here. May I ask if Palm is aware of the Bluetooth problem. If so, can we expect a fix...soon?
    Hello haroldo,

Palm is definitely aware of Bluetooth issues and I expect they are focusing on addressing those issues. Wish I had more specific information to offer, but I'm not really in that loop.

Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    What loop are you in?? I am sure we can find a question for you that is in your loop... we have many questions.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels View Post
    Hello haroldo,

Palm is definitely aware of Bluetooth issues and I expect they are focusing on addressing those issues. Wish I had more specific information to offer, but I'm not really in that loop.

Kevin
    Thanks! It would be helpful if there would be some indication at the web site that there is a problem. As it is, many, many users either return their headsets, return their Treos or waste hours in frustration trying to figure out what is wrong. While the folks who frequent this and other similar forums are aware of the bug, one can only wonder how many thousands of frustrated users there are out there.
    Last edited by haroldo; 09/13/2006 at 05:10 PM.