Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I use phone app favorites to page certain people to my cellphone. I use the 'more' digits button with several pauses to enter the pager number as well as the callback number. I have been doing this for years, however, people that recongize my cellphone have been telling me that (with increasing frequency), the call back number is jumbled (i.e. the same digits are displayed in different orders). I cannot determine if the jumbling is the same each time, nor can I determine the actual frequency of the jumbling, as most of the people that I page recognize my cellphone, and don't really notice the numbers.
    However this is increasing in frequency, and has been a problem as many people don't recognize my cell number.
    Anyone else ever see this?
    Any solutions?
    (I tried hard reset and restore, but no fix)
    VZW Treo 650 1.04a

Thanks!!
    bill
    Sounds like a problem with their providers' caller ID feature....not your outbound service as you are getting through to them. That's all your phone does....send the dial tone signals. It doesn't send some "special signal" that tells the call recipient who you are. Their provider/phone has to interpret the dial tones to determine who you are. It is entirely possible that the extra digits are confusing the caller ID software on their end. Maybe try using more pauses?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    thanks for the reply racer,
    that is not what's happening. Let's say I have a favorite button for a particular job function (many different individuals may carry that pager at different times) my phone dials the pager system, then (through the 'more' digits function) feeds a 4 digit id# for the specific pager followed by a pause, followed by my cellphone's 7 digits. It seems that the order these digits are outputed by my phone is not consistent. Sometimes they appear on the pager display (this is not caller i.d., but direct input of numbers into a paging system for display) out of order. It is not a problem with dtmf recognition, as the numbers are correct, just out of order. I do not know how often this happens, because I do not always get feedback when a page is not correct.
    It is becoming a greater problem, however.
    Any other ideas?
    thanks!
    bill
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I first posted this problem nearly 3 months ago, and it is still a big problem. It has to do with the way my (verizon t700p) phone dials the 'more' digits when using a speed dial.

I have several speed dials set to page certain pagers to my phone. So, the speed dial dials the central paging #. The more digits then pause, and dial the individual pager access#, followed by another pause, and then my cellphone #.

It appears that the digits are sometimes jumbled. sometimes the wrong pager gets paged to my phone (I know this because the wrong person answers) and sometimes the correct pager gets paged to the wrong number (I know this because many of the people recognize the similarity to my cellphone and call me back anyway - informing me of the jumbled numbers)

Can it be that I am the only one who has this problem!!

Sometimes it is a significant problem. I really appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
    Bill
    What happens if you dial all these numbers starting from the central paging# yourself? Does it work correctly every time? It may just be the speed with which the stored digits get dialed one after the other automatically. Have you tried inserting a pause between every two digits? I am just thinking of the oooold days of rickety 32 KBPS dial up modems which would drop digits if they got dialed too fast so one had to insert ~ ~ between two digits.
    Satish Joshi